Author Topic: Vargo: State of the YSU basketball programs  (Read 13247 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Vargo: State of the YSU basketball programs
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
Again I have to say that other sports are going to have a higher priority ...football and WBB being the two highest IMO.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
I feel bad for Bobby.  Not what you want to happen during your senior season.  Hope he heals quickly.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
What do we know about Haygood and Kaufman? The Trib says that Haygood is serving an indefinite suspension. I see Kaufman is back. We need both of these guys.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
I feel bad for Bobby.  Not what you want to happen during your senior season.  Hope he heals quickly.
Could he be medically redshirted for this year to gain another year of eligibility ?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
For basketball the rule is less strict than football. I think it is less than 30% of total games ...not time. So if Bobby plays in less than 30% of our games, he will qualify. So that should be 8 or 9 games, depending on how they round. So if Hain plays in 9-games or less he is eligible to file. That does not mean he receives the red-shirt year, only that he is eligible.

I show him already playing in 12-games and thus NOT eligible ... Can anyone out there that can validate this?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
For basketball the rule is less strict than football. I think it is less than 30% of total games ...not time. So if Bobby plays in less than 30% of our games, he will qualify. So that should be 8 or 9 games, depending on how they round. So if Hain plays in 9-games or less he is eligible to file. That does not mean he receives the red-shirt year, only that he is eligible.

I show him already playing in 12-games and thus NOT eligible ... Can anyone out there that can validate this?

Thanks IAA,
I thought he only played a few minutes in the last game and it might not have counted. It is just tough to see him finishing up his career without being able to play in any league games in his senior year.