Author Topic: RMU vs YSU  (Read 9962 times)

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
RMU vs YSU
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »
Does the fact you can watch the game on ESPN3 prevent fans from going to the game. YSU basketball drew more people when they were Division 2.
They tried to give this game away but eventually won.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: RMU vs YSU
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:07:26 PM »
No, but for any sport YSU has fickle fans the casual fans will only show when the wins pile up.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
This is a very exciting team to watch ..I hope conference goes well. I think the internet fans are out there, but I am really not convinced they would be in attendance. For me it is the only way that I can see the weeknight games.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »
That was a great mid-major basketball game to watch in person. Four straight wins with a decent shot at five straight Friday night.

Go Guins!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 01:24:55 AM »
Against a 1 win Robby Morris team... Eh.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »
Come NEC play, they will be right near the top of their conference like every other season.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

Give me a break, would you have rather they lost to a 1 win team.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 11:34:42 PM »

No, I'm just saying take this win with a grain of salt.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
Well, if we are indeed down two of our best players, I especially like the potential of this team. We cannot have too high of an expectation ..so let's enjoy what we are getting. Slocum is calling good games and this team is very entertaining as a result. So far they have been competitive as well.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »

Yikes.  Looks like you put the whammy on them.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »
The loss to American was unacceptable.  We were more talented at almost every position but we lacked discipline and they played composed.  Our defense never pressured them for turnovers or made them feel uncomfortable.

Cameron Morse has to be more of a factor.  Anyone who saw the FGCC game saw what kind of ability Cam possess.  And they had some good athletes.

Have to remember it's a young team but the offense should be inside out.  Bobby or the other posts need to seal off better and the spot up shooters need to be ready.      Not expecting much against Purdue.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:15:50 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »
Purdue will bomb us. They will play everyone. If we stay within 15 points, that will be something. YSU has a 7'0 footer and a 6'10" players, but Purdue will go over and around them like their standing still. It's still a good money game and will be good experience for many of our players.

Just think; they still have Michigan and Notre Dame. Great money games and we sure need the money. 

Offline penguin4ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »
What we need more than money is a New Coach.  The game against American was just another example of that fact.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »
What we need more than money is a New Coach.  The game against American was just another example of that fact.

He will be gone after this year. He got his 700th win. He can ride off into retirement now.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »

I think you have that backwards. Slocum will retire someday, maybe this year, maybe not. His replacement is already on staff, unless you can come up with serious money. Now that the HL has lost Butler and Loyola ...we are in just another mid-major league (in terms of post-season selections), but certainly not in strength. The HL is a dying fish. swimming very hard, but going in circles; so if we invest serious money without a more solidified program in football & a guarantee that we are not going to lose anymore men's programs due to finances (i.e.: baseball), I will be very upset. At the same time, this is the perfect opportunity to improve our MBB status in the HL and (not that there is ever a good time for mass player/staff changes), but we did have them at the best possible time. Slocum did a nice job in finding quality replacement players that will continue to make us more of an offense-based team that will be playing at a consistently higher level.

I do not want to do anything with MBB until we have FB straightened out. Now that we have pulled the trigger on Pelini, I think MBB is fine for at least 2-3 years.