YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2016 Recruting

<< < (4/52) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
The staff has been coast to coast as of late looking for talent.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: footballfanatic on December 03, 2015, 11:50:41 AM ---I don't think Montgomery's kid has any interest in playing college football. He wants to play baseball and was offered a spot on the YSU baseball team but he is weighing his options.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Better baseball prospect. Should receive more than 1 offer. If he is that talented I hope we get him.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on December 03, 2015, 11:00:19 AM ---

--- Quote ---
This kid is more than obtainable. Montgomery's kids play in that same conference and he probably has already seen Vantrease. Coach M's son is the QB at Green (and very talented in his own right).

--- End quote ---
Tanner M has some talent, but at 5-10 155 (and I would question the 5-10) I doubt 1-AA potential.  Looks NAIA at best to me.

--- End quote ---

I think he is much better than that, but again he is an exceptional athlete. He just happens to be as good (or better) at baseball. Green is a solid sized program and he now owns just about every school record. I talked with him at the NDSU game, he was part of that large recruiting group for football, but he comes to many Penguin games. Does not look much over 150-160 lbs, so I see your point about him maybe not being DI material at QB. However, he is most-likely a really good future coach, so he has some decisions to make. Does he want to coach baseball or football :)

go guins:

--- Quote --- However, he is most-likely a really good future coach, so he has some decisions to make. Does he want to coach baseball or football :)

--- End quote ---
Hey 1-AA, give the kid a chance to go to school and play the sport of his choice first!  He has plenty of time for career decisions down the line! 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I wonder if coach Pelini or any of his staff have been in Columbus for the championship games. I'm Currently watching Bishop Hartley and Stubenville. I'm very impressed with both power backs Quri Hickman of Bishop and Johnny Blue of Stubenville. I would love to see a true power running game at YSU and either one of these 2 would definitely help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version