YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

play-offs

<< < (2/9) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Things are bad when you need to put out a letter saying your University will be open next semester.

http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=13093

I read that WIU never entered a bid, and Dayton (using MBB revenue) offered the minimum (which I think is $30k?).

guinpen:
1 down 4 to go - go Griz

Just Toyin:
YBR - I thought real hard about going to that playoff game but as much as I would have liked to root for UD, I would have hated to see an MVFC team on the losing end of a playoff game to a Pioneer league team (not to mention I would have hated to miss the Buckeye beat=down against scUM!!!).

UD did indeed meet the minimum $30k required to have a chance to host that playoff game - a drop in the bucket when your basketball team is selling 12,500 tickets per game at $40 and up (way up!).

BTW, your boy Stoops has his team looking much better than when we were watching them against the Longhorns!!!

IAA Fan:
It is this way every time they make the post-season. It has to do with semester breaks and such.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Just Toyin on November 30, 2015, 10:20:16 PM ---YBR - I thought real hard about going to that playoff game but as much as I would have liked to root for UD, I would have hated to see an MVFC team on the losing end of a playoff game to a Pioneer league team (not to mention I would have hated to miss the Buckeye beat=down against scUM!!!).

UD did indeed meet the minimum $30k required to have a chance to host that playoff game - a drop in the bucket when your basketball team is selling 12,500 tickets per game at $40 and up (way up!).

BTW, your boy Stoops has his team looking much better than when we were watching them against the Longhorns!!!
--- End quote ---

What I hate about BS is now that there is a long lay off till the 4 team playoff his teams usually come out looking like they never played before  ??? It was nice to see the game OU vs OSU and a YSU logo on the side lines  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version