Author Topic: play-offs  (Read 24727 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: play-offs
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Attendance was much better in the second round except for the 6,100 at Illinois State.  Really weak considering they were 22-4 over the last two seasons going into the game, last year's NC runners up, and the second seed in this year's playoffs.

Might have to do with their game being a rematch with a team they blew out last time.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »
I am hoping that UNI will take out the Bison. They punished the Bison for 3 quarters last time they met, but neither team could make it in Q4. UNI will have to find a way to get more passing yardage this time.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
Maybe this is UNI's year   :D

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »
Maybe this is UNI's year   :D

Good one!  8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 09:32:17 AM »
Did you guys see the number of FBS transfers on the field in the CSU v JSU game? I mean fo JSU on defense, there is only 1 starting player that is not an ACC/SEC transfer. Our division is officially a joke.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 09:40:29 AM »
Did you guys see the number of FBS transfers on the field in the CSU v JSU game? I mean fo JSU on defense, there is only 1 starting player that is not an ACC/SEC transfer. Our division is officially a joke.

Why is that a big deal to you? Some of those kids who get on SEC and ACC rosters realize that they may not have the talent to stay or maybe have a personal issue going on and have to transfer. Why shouldn't they have an opportunity to play somewhere else?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
I think you miss the point. What about the kid whom everybody thought was DII, but knew he had something and was smart enough to take the I-AA/FCS shot and work hard? The division was not formed for a bunch of crybabies. Transfers down should be an isolated instance, not the norm; let alone the bulk of your starting roster. Again, that team (JSU) is a joke that will win the national title.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »
It will be interesting to see how they do the rest of the way. I wish they had to play an MVFC team or 2 before they got to the NC, that would tell the tale.

They did give up 38 to a team that had to play the backup QB most of the game if I am not mistaken.

That D-line is very stout against the option if you go wide. Up the middle they looked vulnerable. Again, I only saw bits here and there and didnt catch much commentary.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »
I think you miss the point. What about the kid whom everybody thought was DII, but knew he had something and was smart enough to take the I-AA/FCS shot and work hard? The division was not formed for a bunch of crybabies. Transfers down should be an isolated instance, not the norm; let alone the bulk of your starting roster. Again, that team (JSU) is a joke that will win the national title.

That's the day in age we live in now...

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »
So you want to be a division loaded with FBS recruiting mistakes?

Happy that back-up was really good ...don't know why he was not starting the whole season. Wish we had him. Not sleek, but a swift runner, good size & has a nice option twist ...tall and fairly accurate when he plants his feet. Perhaps that is why he is the back-up, not as accurate when in motion? Hard to say, all I know if that the starter was not hurt ...he was removed. Looked like it was planned.

JSU offense is a clone of ours, you can tell what team he patterned his offense off of. Their defense is as well ...at least the defenses under Wolf. They give up lots of points.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »
administrator or not, you sound like a cuckold 1-aa.  Do you realize how many scholarships their are in FBS.  These teams fill scholarship spots to have kids their to run scout team and in many cases a kid realizes that's about all they are going to be worth to a big, or even MAC caliber program.  Why should they not have a chance to go somewhere and see the field?  Kids should have the oppurtunity to dream big but have a fall back. 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »

I have no problem with them taking that many transfers. That's the rules we all live by.

How they "recruited" them may need to be questioned.

I know if anyone in our conference did that they would be mocked openly on every forum on the web. That being said, if it gets us to the playoffs I'm all for it. We have the name to do so now.

I'm tired of watching games on TV every Thanksgiving weekend.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 02:45:55 PM »
administrator or not, you sound like a cuckold 1-aa.  Do you realize how many scholarships their are in FBS.  These teams fill scholarship spots to have kids their to run scout team and in many cases a kid realizes that's about all they are going to be worth to a big, or even MAC caliber program.  Why should they not have a chance to go somewhere and see the field?  Kids should have the oppurtunity to dream big but have a fall back.

No way, just how many HS kids have a chance, just how much recruiting does this team do? No chance and no recruiting. It is simply not right. All I am saying is that we have some rules in place. Limit the number and make them sit out. We are supposed to be DI.

I bet even a minor NCAA investigation and JSU is out of the post-season for the next 4-years. That being said, they better pound NDSU.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »
Well 4 down just one to go and it is not team Choke. Go Bearkats

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
Bearkats have no shot. No defense against a north/south team.