Author Topic: 2016 Home Football Schedule  (Read 19200 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Home Football Schedule
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »
How about no automatic bids and pick the top 16 teams.  That makes more sense.
IMO, they are not interested in getting the best teams in the playoff. They wanted involvement from various regions. In other words, it is about political correctness in achieving Diversity.

Man you just made me cringe, 'political correctness" and "diversity" in the same sentence, but you are basicly right.

I agree with the no auto bid and top 16 teams based on SOS.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:51:46 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Home Football Schedule
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »
Paladin is a YSU fan...he's also right most of the time....which pisses off the cheerleader crowd.  If he was wrong about the 2015 FB season, it's because of an overly optimistic prediction.

Do you honestly believe what you typed? This guy hates YSU in any and all possible ways. He tries to justify his lack of support in disenchantment.  He feeds you a crumb of truth in a loaf of lies and inaccuracy.

He follows YSU but in no way can you make a case that he is a YSU fan, big difference.

An old debate trick is to discredit someone when you feel indefensible against their argument.  Paladin has been correct...in an abrasive tone...but correct nonetheless.  Not perfect....but mostly accurate.  Everyone deep down knows this, whether they consciously admit it or not is another story.  So he has never typed, "I hate YSU" or anything similar.  He simply and directly presents the truth....for example....we have an inept AD that has been enormously costly to the University.  For those that cling to the falsehood of a separate reality, they get pissed...and lash out at an intangible aspect of him...like his loyalty to the University.

One anecdote and then i am done with this topic.  There was a link in a thread on the "letsGoGuins.com" site where Paladin was poetically savaging MAC schools and comparing them to YSU in a very positive way for YSU.  It was truly entertaining.  Someone who disliked YSU would never have composed such a masterpiece.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen