YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football ends at 5-6. What now?

<< < (5/5)

guinpen:
I thought that the D was better then it has been for years. Needs to cut down on some of those big plays they gave up but headed in the right direction.

The O took a step back, o-line not up to where it needed to be, qb position same thing. In several games the O did not produce when it had to.

Mixed thoughts on the special teams, coverage was just ok. I was very happy with the FG kicking, did not expect it. One pet peeve of mine that needs to improve is kick offs, I want to see every kick into the end-zone.

Lastly I would like to see our players develop more of a confident attitude, mental toughness.

go guins:
OL depth was an issue all season.  Nobody can play effectively with 3 centers in a season.  You can't coach health, you also can't recruit health, but we definitely need some depth upfront.  We could also use a power back too.  "Everybody" came at us with a 230+ powder back and it is tough to stop a guy like that running from the TB position.  Everybody says Moore is looking great and with much more powder, so hopefully.....
I'm not a "fire the coach" every time things go bad.  We KNOW JT knows winning football.  We also KNOW Bo knows winning football.  We were 2 4th quarter letdowns from the playoffs, and so not that far away.  Alexander Rivers, both young LBs mean the core of a MUCH better defense is back and should get even better.  I think an honest review of the platooned QB's did NOT work and Davis simply doesn't help.  For one thing, although he is a better runner than Hunter, he isn't a good runner.  Look at the guys that we faced vs. Ricky, it was no comparison.  For my money you get a stud recruit of build around Wells.  Transfers for a season are a waste of a season.  They transfer "down" because they can't play and so we've had 3-5 over the years and none contributed.  Alexander is the best transfer we've ever had.  I can't think of another guy that transferred and contributed significantly.  JC guys yes, but not transfers.   Maybe one of those JC OL tackles like Mady would be about right!

ysuguins4:
After missing the playoffs by only 1 win the last 4 seasons, I thought for sure Bo would get them into the playoffs, so I am disappointed with year 1 of the regime.  The defense definitely improved, but still gave up too many big plays.  Unfortunately the offense took a step back.  Very inconsistent and too many turnovers, especially the ones that went for TDs.  I still believe Bo will make this team a consistent playoff participant.  Will be interesting to see what happens between now and spring practice.

paladin:
I predicted a 7-4 pre-season but changed that in mid-season to 5-6. Was on the money. I changed because I realized thast coaching had been overblown and hyped. Most expected an 8-3 record because of Bo. I dropped down one game because of his annual blowing of at least one game annually at   Nebraska.  Because Bo's first class was a stinker as I view it, the next class has to be gold or the losing seasons here will start to pile up, just as they did under Heacock. QB and special teams is a problem. Bo needs to SHUT his mouth and try not to choke in a game  (which he did often at Nebraska ). However, next years schedule looks like a repeat -- 2 weenies, WVU and then the MVFC with UNI on the schedule. Until Bo actually coaches better ( and recruits better), even with a lot of talent coming back, I don't see great things for YSU.

In fact, it can get worse.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: paladin on November 24, 2015, 01:56:34 PM ---I predicted a 7-4 pre-season but changed that in mid-season to 5-6. Was on the money. I changed because I realized thast coaching had been overblown and hyped. Most expected an 8-3 record because of Bo. I dropped down one game because of his annual blowing of at least one game annually at   Nebraska.  Because Bo's first class was a stinker as I view it, the next class has to be gold or the losing seasons here will start to pile up, just as they did under Heacock. QB and special teams is a problem. Bo needs to SHUT his mouth and try not to choke in a game  (which he did often at Nebraska ). However, next years schedule looks like a repeat -- 2 weenies, WVU and then the MVFC with UNI on the schedule. Until Bo actually coaches better ( and recruits better), even with a lot of talent coming back, I don't see great things for YSU.

In fact, it can get worse.

--- End quote ---

Okay, so now that you had your customary YSU slam & unwarranted self-gratification ...as the thread is titled ...now what? Try being specific. Coaching changes, staff changes, player changes. Recruiting class stinks? tell who and why? What would you recruit for 2015-16?

--- Quote ---"...In fact, it can get worse".
--- End quote ---
  Could you be anymore generic?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version