YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Football ends at 5-6. What now?

<< < (4/5) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Buddy on November 22, 2015, 07:44:47 AM ---As I see it we were competitive in all but the SDSU game.  Special teams and offence need some changes but we could have easily won 2 or three more. Changes are needed and 2016 should be a good year

--- End quote ---

I agree with this post. Do not panic, do not rush into anything, review the year, identify the weaknesses and then make any and all changes to improve the team.

DoubleE:
looking forward to 2016 some observations

#1 we need a QB transfer. With Nebraska pushing out Pelinis QB's maybe we can get one to come here to start

#2 Our Offense has been subpar. You could argue its coaching or execution but I dont think its arguable that our offensive line has taken a step back with wolford gone (understandably)

#3 Ruiz needs to get healthy. He was a step slow all year and I suspect it has to do with the injury at the Pitt game never fully healing but we need 2 healthy running backs

#4 With the senior leadership on defense (best defensive team we have had in years) its important to get in talents (secondary and linebacker) to help prevent a regression in play)

Personally I wish we would go away from the spread offense and go to a pro set but this is a personal preference

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: DoubleE on November 22, 2015, 06:27:44 PM ---looking forward to 2016 some observations

#1 we need a QB transfer. With Nebraska pushing out Pelinis QB's maybe we can get one to come here to start

#2 Our Offense has been subpar. You could argue its coaching or execution but I dont think its arguable that our offensive line has taken a step back with wolford gone (understandably)

#3 Ruiz needs to get healthy. He was a step slow all year and I suspect it has to do with the injury at the Pitt game never fully healing but we need 2 healthy running backs

#4 With the senior leadership on defense (best defensive team we have had in years) its important to get in talents (secondary and linebacker) to help prevent a regression in play)

Personally I wish we would go away from the spread offense and go to a pro set but this is a personal preference

--- End quote ---

Best post of the year

The YO Show:
I am very optimistic for the future and for next year.

I think going into next season, the number one priority is our offensive line depth issues. If that is fixed, it will fix a majority of our woes.

IAA Fan:
I really like the post as well DoubleE. Although I am not so certain that you can call Montgomery's offense a true spread. The reason that I like it is because it keeps the basic elements of a pro-set, with the addition of misdirection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version