YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ ISUb 11/20 1:05 pm

<< < (5/10) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 20, 2015, 10:09:55 AM ---I appreciate all your enthusiasm "BUT" all the computers, all the Massey's, and all the nobowls can say what they want. The bottom line is W-L's and none in NOV if you had 3 in a row in OCT!! YSU's been in this situation before (SOS and RPI strong) and was sent packing. The resume would look better "IF" the two weenie games were "W"s against a full scholarship teams.

#mytwocents

--- End quote ---

A long shot ....YES, but our losses were close, the team is improving and we are top 8 in total defense and top 2 in pass defense.  We've never had that to go on our resume.  We also pass the eye test.  If we aren't in the conversation the committee doesn't know football

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 20, 2015, 10:15:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 20, 2015, 10:09:55 AM ---I appreciate all your enthusiasm "BUT" all the computers, all the Massey's, and all the nobowls can say what they want. The bottom line is W-L's and none in NOV if you had 3 in a row in OCT!! YSU's been in this situation before (SOS and RPI strong) and was sent packing. The resume would look better "IF" the two weenie games were "W"s against a full scholarship teams.

#mytwocents

--- End quote ---

A long shot ....YES, but our losses were close, the team is improving and we are top 8 in total defense and top 2 in pass defense.  We've never had that to go on our resume.  We also pass the eye test.  If we aren't in the conversation the committee doesn't know football

--- End quote ---

Well don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Indy State may also have something to prove and who knows how YSU will respond to last week. I'll bet a pay check YSU misses the playoff's even "IF they win by 70 over Indy State.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 20, 2015, 10:20:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 20, 2015, 10:15:44 AM ---

#mytwocents

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Indy State may also have something to prove and who knows how YSU will respond to last week. I'll bet a pay check YSU misses the playoff's even "IF they win by 70 over Indy State.

--- End quote ---

I would too, especially with the known ineptitude of the committee.  I'm just saying it possible with a schoolyard beating, but not in any way probable. 

Weenie games definitely hurt our argument, although I guess STFU grabbing an autobid gives a little additional cred.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 YSU  has no business being in the playoff conversation.  Strength of schedule only a factor, if you beat some or at least one of those good teams.  Who did we beat?   What is our signature win?  We don't have one.  Beat a bunch of bad teams.

Penguin Nation:
Great hype vid showing the moves and elusiveness of Webb and Davis, and a few NDSU guys getting leveled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u4D7erbwrtY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version