YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bo

<< < (11/12) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 23, 2015, 04:11:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 23, 2015, 01:14:04 PM ---Dean Hood was interviewing for the YSU FB HC position and according to Scalzo, was the leading candidate until President Tressel rescued the program from yet another Strollo hiring fiasco and personally lured BP here.

http://www.ekusports.com/news/2015/11/23/FOOTBALL_1123154315.aspx

Dean Hood is now fired from EKU.

If it weren't for Tressel, Strollo would've delivered us yet another Heacock/Slocum/Martin/Hill......

When is the announcement of Monty's firing?  Why wasn't it today?

--- End quote ---
PS: Pelini came to us, we did not go to him. Nobody "lured" coach P here other than the ghost of Don Bucci and ESPN.

--- End quote ---

Tressel flew personally to Lincoln to meet with Bo...to recruit him.  Before Tressel inserted himself into the process, Strollo was close to hiring this failed EKU HC (the EKU had at least two visits to YSU by then).  IDK who made initial contact with who...i do recall a Vindy article about it...but Bo said himself that Tressel was a HUGE incentive to come to YSU.

IAA Fan:
Not even close to being true. The initial job call and recruiting came to Ron Strollo, as is proper. Sure Pelini knows that there is an ex-football guy as president ...that would help anybody that came in here. He is helped no more than anyone else. Do you even realize how far away from football that Tressel needs to stay ...and he does just that. The very first call came from Bo's attorney & Strollo made it happen. I also know that Strollo was listening to Bo's rant while Bo was preparing to make his welcoming address and Strollo did not come out until he had heard it. Strollo cares more and does more for this school than anyone else, that is why he should and will remain. I do think you may be right that there was a call to President T, but the attorney was referred to Strollo.

Penguin Nation:
?????

Everything in my post is 100% accurate.

You are blinded by your man-love for our doofus AD.

guinpen:
What the heck does it matter guys, he is here and I am happy about it.

I would guess that some things happened this year that Bo had no way of knowing. Example - level of talent is just not what he was used to coaching, depth also an issue. Maybe the biggest  surprise may have been the quality, or lack there of, of the refs. Every seen your kids team get hosed by a ref at their jr-high basketball game, same thing.

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 23, 2015, 04:20:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 23, 2015, 04:11:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 23, 2015, 01:14:04 PM ---Dean Hood was interviewing for the YSU FB HC position and according to Scalzo, was the leading candidate until President Tressel rescued the program from yet another Strollo hiring fiasco and personally lured BP here.

http://www.ekusports.com/news/2015/11/23/FOOTBALL_1123154315.aspx

Dean Hood is now fired from EKU.

If it weren't for Tressel, Strollo would've delivered us yet another Heacock/Slocum/Martin/Hill......

When is the announcement of Monty's firing?  Why wasn't it today?

--- End quote ---
PS: Pelini came to us, we did not go to him. Nobody "lured" coach P here other than the ghost of Don Bucci and ESPN.

--- End quote ---

Tressel flew personally to Lincoln to meet with Bo...to recruit him.  Before Tressel inserted himself into the process, Strollo was close to hiring this failed EKU HC (the EKU had at least two visits to YSU by then).  IDK who made initial contact with who...i do recall a Vindy article about it...but Bo said himself that Tressel was a HUGE incentive to come to YSU.

--- End quote ---

I thought Tressel was in Lincoln for a Followship of Christian Athletes program as a favor to Tom Osborne....

That doesn't mean he couldn't have spoken with Bo, but that wasn't the reason he was there initially.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version