YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lets be clear about this

<< < (6/10) > >>

ysuseasonticket:
Anybody sit in section 4 and see the Bison fan in about row 10 standing up drinking a beer right before kickoff? After the start of the game people started yelling for him and his girlfriend and /or sister to sit down because they were obstructing some people's view but instead he just turned around facing everybody behind him fanning his open arms just to taunt them. There were more Bison fans in the first or second row standing in front of some little kids who actually had to move just to watch the game.

What's up with the standing? Are they taught that on the prairie to be rude? You can tell by their attitudes they thought the game would be over by the middle of the first quarter...... ;D

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysuseasonticket on November 17, 2015, 02:51:20 PM ---Anybody sit in section 4 and see the Bison fan in about row 10 standing up drinking a beer right before kickoff? After the start of the game people started yelling for him and his girlfriend and /or sister to sit down because they were obstructing some people's view but instead he just turned around facing everybody behind him fanning his open arms just to taunt them. There were more Bison fans in the first or second row standing in front of some little kids who actually had to move just to watch the game.

What's up with the standing? Are they taught that on the prairie to be rude? You can tell by their attitudes they thought the game would be over by the middle of the first quarter...... ;D

--- End quote ---

yes ysuseasonticket I did. that is the one we were talking about yesterday. I sit with my parents and daughter in that same area. My family sits in rows 11 and 12 ...first 2 seats each. Those guys were in rows 6 & 7 a few seats in toward the 50 (nice seats) ...they finally decided to leave.

I made a few comments. It was really just the one guy drinking & imitation another fan. I told him he should not be drinking, have some respect for those sitting behind him & that is what the student/visiting section is for. He said he wanted to sit over on the home side to taunt us.

Then someone else said that we do not do that here at Youngstown. He (the YSU fan) was polite at first, but then the kid opened his mouth and the YSU fan took exception. I could see that one spiraling out of control real quickly ... that is when I texted the YSU police. Unfortunately they sent an older officer and again only the one kid was rude to the police officer. The others had already sat down. It was silly and I did not want to miss the game. The Kennedy's and Zaborski's were not very happy either, they sit right behind the NDSU group.

I said that I had just texted the police and if they do not have tickets or they are drinking ...they would be advised to leave now or pour it out and be quiet. They left right after the older officer went to get more help. Then the police talked to another NDSU group in the 2nd and 3rd rows, but they could not have been nicer-acting people.

TennBison:

--- Quote from: ysuseasonticket on November 17, 2015, 02:51:20 PM ---Anybody sit in section 4 and see the Bison fan in about row 10 standing up drinking a beer right before kickoff? After the start of the game people started yelling for him and his girlfriend and /or sister to sit down because they were obstructing some people's view but instead he just turned around facing everybody behind him fanning his open arms just to taunt them. There were more Bison fans in the first or second row standing in front of some little kids who actually had to move just to watch the game.

--- End quote ---
Typically Bison fans stand quite often during the home games. Especially when on defense. Some sections have many groups/rows that stand almost the whole game. Not sure how it started, but it is not unusual to see many do that. It is a problem for some people when they have seats down at the opposite end of the field where the play is and they are in the first ten rows. I have seen in some of the more intense games where it seems the whole Southwest corner of the Fargodome which is the student section has stood up for what seems the entire game. Most fans seem to put up with it as it has gone on and gained more people doing it over the years and more doing it the last 4 or so than before. But for sure it could be a problem for families with older fans and young kids.

NDSUSR:

--- End quote ---

13,000 open seats.  If it annoyd them that much they could have move 10 seats in any direction.

YSU FAN#34:

--- Quote from: NDSUSR on November 17, 2015, 04:36:34 PM ---

--- End quote ---

13,000 open seats.  If it annoyd them that much they could have move 10 seats in any direction.

--- End quote ---

So OUR fans should move to accomodate YOUR fans.  Thanks for that.  That is precisely what we have all come to expect from the almighty bison.  We must bow down and make way!!!  Haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version