YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lets be clear about this

<< < (3/10) > >>

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on November 15, 2015, 10:09:47 PM ---Screw everyone and what they think about Bo...he is our coach and will turn this thing around sooner than most people think.  That is what they are afraid of.  His hatred of officials is well documented.  He holds nothing back and we knew that when we got him.  I really don't care what NDSU fans think of him and what he did in the past.  If you know anything about how Nebraska fans treated his wife and family while there you would know why he left.  When you coach in a place where all they have is Nebraska football you have fanatical aholes.  We have OSU, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cavs, Indians, Pirates, Pitt Penguins, etc...all within 2 hours...YSU football is important to this area but it is not the most important thing...give it time and we will see that change. 

GO GUINS

--- End quote ---

Curious how Pelini's wife and kids were treated at Nebraska.  What stories have you heard?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: lakesbison on November 15, 2015, 08:32:32 PM ---he is not a good coach.  and I am qualified to say this as a Minnesota gophers season ticket holder and watching Nebraska ALOT  the last 4-5 years.   plus his behavior is idiotic at best.

Nebraska screwed up with the contract, but it really helps Youngstown money wise, so I don't blame you at all for having him for 2-3 years.

good luck.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you can mean by him not being a good coach, certainly if you just look at wins he is a good coach. You being a Minnesota season ticket holder should understand better then most how hard it is to win 9 - 10 games a year at that level. What do you think of the Minn coaches if you think Bo is bad?

lakesbison:
I HATE the Minnesota coaches,  wish they would've brought in a big name instead of that crappie flopper KILL and now the koolaid man.  argh.

pelini/Nebraska

Nebraska is 5-6 this year *(with bo's recruits)

Pelini left at 9-4 record for his last 2 years.
10-4 in 2012

28-12 at Nebraska is Horsesh** in the weak big 10 west.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
I do agree with Lakebison, winning 9 games at Nebraska is very similar to John Heacok and Eric Wolford winning 7-8 games at YSU, and both got fired.   Nebraska plays and FCS team, which is an automatic win, YSU plays 2-3 stiffs each year as well.

Heacock and Wolford didn't win the big games and just one playoff berth between them.  Pelini beat the bad teams in the Big 10, but never won the Big 10 title and no FBS bowl games.  Unfortunately in most of the big games at Nebraska his team blown out.

This year, he lost three big conference games at home, and event lost to a bad Southern Illinois team.  He will get 6 wins, but again no big wins.

Whats disappointing is 24 is a lot of playoff teams, just beat SIU and in playoffs without beating a good team.

ALso, do you see any other coaches, either FCS or FBS carry on during the game like him?  Some here seem to be proud of his behavior,  I think is embarrassing and will cost us a game at some point.  He really does need anger management.  A true leader doesn't behave like that.

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on November 16, 2015, 10:58:58 AM ---I do agree with Lakebison, winning 9 games at Nebraska is very similar to John Heacok and Eric Wolford winning 7-8 games at YSU, and both got fired.   Nebraska plays and FCS team, which is an automatic win, YSU plays 2-3 stiffs each year as well.

Heacock and Wolford didn't win the big games and just one playoff berth between them.  Pelini beat the bad teams in the Big 10, but never won the Big 10 title and no FBS bowl games.  Unfortunately in most of the big games at Nebraska his team blown out.

This year, he lost three big conference games at home, and event lost to a bad Southern Illinois team.  He will get 6 wins, but again no big wins.

Whats disappointing is 24 is a lot of playoff teams, just beat SIU and in playoffs without beating a good team.

ALso, do you see any other coaches, either FCS or FBS carry on during the game like him?  Some here seem to be proud of his behavior,  I think is embarrassing and will cost us a game at some point.  He really does need anger management.  A true leader doesn't behave like that.

--- End quote ---
Good post..Wolford won some big games but not in crunch time. I think if Wolford is the head coach NDSU doesn't get the pass interference call. The officials have it in for Bo and always will as long as he is the coach here..and your right he does need anger management classes..we are in the national media right now for all the wrong reasons and it's embarrassing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version