YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lets be clear about this

(1/10) > >>

guinpen:
My take on Bo.

Why do opposing teams give a rats tail about Bo, why take shots at him, why question his motives for being at YSU? Do they care that much for YSU that they want someone better for us, Yea I am sure that is it. Let's be real, they simply do not want Bo here because he is a good coach.

Most of us have no idea what all happened at Nebraska and maybe that is for the best. I am a fan of the John Wooden approach but that is not his style.

I admire his stated reasons for being in Y-town, hard to argue his intentions for his family.

How will the players respond, how will the powers to be respond and how will Bo respond. That is our concern, our business.

Bottom line is that only time will tell how history will treat him, but at this time I am glad he is here and am excited about the future.

ScarletRook:
+1

YSUGO:
He is a good coach that's why all the B.S. There is a lot  of misinformation that's thrown out there and they hope it sticks.

lakesbison:
he is not a good coach.  and I am qualified to say this as a Minnesota gophers season ticket holder and watching Nebraska ALOT  the last 4-5 years.   plus his behavior is idiotic at best.

Nebraska screwed up with the contract, but it really helps Youngstown money wise, so I don't blame you at all for having him for 2-3 years.

good luck.

Penguin Nation:
IMO, there is much resentment toward YSU.  IDK why....maybe jealousy for earlier success?  I think landing a BIG HC who in 7 seasons never lost <9 games just stokes that jealousy. 

As far as his tirades, I will concede that it diminished the likelihood of getting a FG on the final drive, and that is somewhat troublesome.  The officiating was flawed, and he should let his objections be heard.  It is D1 football, not a girls dance recital.  Shouting at officials doesn't hurt anything.  The officials will be ok.

I still believe that recruitment in the off-season will address the deficiencies in special teams and on the offense, and better days are ahead.  My hope is that when he leaves (likely after the 2018 season), his brother becomes HC.

We were very close to getting the mediocre HC from EKU.  Thank God we have BP instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version