YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4th Quarter

<< < (2/7) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Lots of dropped passes yesterday.  I kept telling myself that at least they're not turnovers.

4 straight 3 and outs to end the game.  No drive.  No burning clock with a lead.  No scoring.

Sure seems like there are problems with the offense.  Special teams also.  Lots of work to be done in the offseason.  The hype created by the BP hire is squandered.  Need to actually win now to fill the seats....and not come close.

ysufan0505:
Blame the defense all you want I-AA. That's typical since you have to defend your BFF Mongtomery....

THE OFFENSE DID NOT GET A 1ST DOWN THE LAST 4 DRIVES OF THE GAME UP 14 POINTS. NDSU started their last 3 drives at or around the 50 freaking yard line. Open your eyes, jesus god. Montgomery is a chump, folds like a lawn chair when the game is on the line. Get this guy out of Youngstown. I've seen enough!!!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 15, 2015, 10:41:12 AM ---Blame the defense all you want I-AA. That's typical since you have to defend your BFF Mongtomery....

THE OFFENSE DID NOT GET A 1ST DOWN THE LAST 4 DRIVES OF THE GAME UP 14 POINTS. NDSU started their last 3 drives at or around the 50 freaking yard line. Open your eyes, jesus god. Montgomery is a chump, folds like a lawn chair when the game is on the line. Get this guy out of Youngstown. I've seen enough!!!

--- End quote ---

You can't keep putting the defense in a bad position time after time because you can't get a first down.  How about the complete inept call where the back-up QB attempts a difficult pass on 3rd and 6 and he overthrows the guy by 5 yards.  How about running the ball on every ******* first down.  Stupid.  The post was open all day.  Their safeties were the weak point.

footballfanatic:
I can not figure out what you all want the offense to do. One week you are asking for Ricky Davis because Hunter Wells sucks. You are begging to let Ricky throw the ball. When he does you complain that Hunter should have been in throwing it. You want Tressel ball but when we run the ball you complain. This was a hard fought game by both teams and the officials decided it. With all of our offensive line issues I am very impressed how the guys up front did yesterday! They played toe to toe with NDSU and those guys were huge!

We are a few plays away from being 8-2! Yesterday we had dropped passes, blown coverage and bad bad special team play and still had a chance to win at the end. Football is a team sport and this loss is on the team (coaches and players) They will bounce back because they have a lot more character than many of you on this board!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I Agree with Penguin power the post was open all day. We could've thrown all day and it was the best Wells has thrown all season. For him to be on the sidelines for a whole series and have 3 straight running plays in a crucial situation requires a explanation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version