YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

QB Thread

<< < (13/16) > >>

paladin:
I made my point  and some here agreed. YOU simply don't like the point.

This was supposed to be a SUCCESSFUL year with all the returning starters and lettermen coming back, plus big time transfers, and  lead by a "BIG TIME" coach. I warned you last year there was a QB problem here and did so again pre-seasson this year. I've added the  basis for that problem with the coaching staff and  their problem in utilizing /recruiting QBs.

This isn't going away. You may be stuck with it for some time. "Montyball " !   ;D

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 17, 2015, 11:32:21 AM ---Bo likes Shane Montgomery and the job he does. I think Monty stays and it will be a open competition in the spring between Davis and Wells. If anything they will go the transfer route for added depth at wide receiver. Starting all over with a New system/coordinator/ quarterback could take years to develop. Your better off to stick with what you have especially being as competitive as they have been in the Missouri this season

--- End quote ---

If he stays, god help us all.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: paladin on November 17, 2015, 12:39:04 PM ---I made my point  and some here agreed. YOU simply don't like the point.

This was supposed to be a SUCCESSFUL year with all the returning starters and lettermen coming back, plus big time transfers, and  lead by a "BIG TIME" coach. I warned you last year there was a QB problem here and did so again pre-seasson this year. I've added the  basis for that problem with the coaching staff and  their problem in utilizing /recruiting QBs.

This isn't going away. You may be stuck with it for some time. "Montyball " !   ;D

--- End quote ---

and everyone told you that you were full of crap about the expectations this year. New staff and nobody had any idea what to expect. SO nobody was talking ...maybe hoping :)

YSUGO:
Nothing pisses me off more when you Pally spread your BS on what you think you know.  You don't like or have liked anything about YSU in years.  You b**** and moan but for what.  I can see if you spent money or supported our athletic programs but you don't.  People like you are the problem in our area full of BS, want something for free and think you know it all but know sh**.  I donate time and money to the school that gave me a great education and I believe and want our athletics to do good.   If you had spent a little money and went to some events.  You would have known what Pelinis expectations were.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: paladin on November 17, 2015, 12:39:04 PM ---I made my point  and some here agreed. YOU simply don't like the point.

--- End quote ---

Quit acting like a UNI fan speaking in generalities as a Monday morning QB.  As bad as Montgomery is at development of his Qb and the piss poor play calling we are still a combined 5 points away over two games from being a playoff lock; not to mention that the team is actually improving and has made some significant strides in the last month which is unlike Wolford's teams that regressed and collapsed.  Do you think NDSU coaches and players want to deal with YSU again?  There is no way they want any part of a rematch.  I will honestly tell you that when we beat them at their gym in 2013 that was a fluke.  They had a letdown game similar to their game with USD this year.  However, NDSU came to play this time and this was not a fluke.  We pushed them around for 3 quarters until we got cute on offense and had a collapse on special teams and a coaching meltdown. 

That was our game to lose and we were able to snatch defeat front the jaws of victory.  There is still a chance we could get into the playoffs but it is very remote.  We need to smoke Indiana State to have that chance. 

Next year is going to be a great year for us if we continue to improve.  NDSU had difficulty with our skill people and our lines.  When they played Montana and lost the opening game they had trouble with the skilled people and there were some ridiculous plays that went in Montana's favor.  Montana's lines were not as good as ours and they had the advantage in that it was the first game of the year facing a retooled NDSU defense. 

NDSU was playing their best ball of the year, we dominated for nearly 3 quarters before we gave the game away.  This wasn't an outlier performance by NDSU or YSU. This was a legitimate game with a lot on the line and the experienced champion found a way to win it by capitalizing on our poor special teams play, stupid offensive play calling and a coach that has multiple amygdala hijacks each game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version