YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

QB Thread

<< < (2/16) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 09, 2015, 08:27:34 AM ---I have asked many time for people to put topics in one thread. Quite frankly I am tired of reading anti-Wells and anti-Montgomery stuff by the same couple of people all the time. Please keep it in here so that I can more easily ignore it.

--- End quote ---

It's almost the season to mock Jerry!   :D

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 09, 2015, 08:27:34 AM ---I have asked many time for people to put topics in one thread. Quite frankly I am tired of reading anti-Wells and anti-Montgomery stuff by the same couple of people all the time. Please keep it in here so that I can more easily ignore it.

Right now you have a QB coach working all game with all 3 quarterbacks. Gary is gone and no one wants to see Mays lose his red-shirt ...so you have 2 quarterbacks. You have two things that work well with Davis at QB ...the keeper and the sweep-toss. Of course I have always loved the option, but that is not what we are at this point. Everything else works better Wells taking snaps. Wells is a solid passer, with skills beyond our level; but consistency is an issue. Then again, if he was consistently that good ...he would not be here.

--- End quote ---

OK, I get it - you're sold on Wells and Montgomery
I remember last year when Montgomery was asked if he would go after Cardale if he left Ohio State he said Wells was the better QB of the two.  Cardale has a receive corps decimated by injuries and Wells has an O-line in the same boat, but I would tread lightly on "skills beyond our level".

I think it would help to have a mobile QB when the O-line is beat up.  Wells can run, he just doesn't.

As far a Tanner - he screwed up.  It just amazes me to see how the band wagon is big on second, third and fourth chances when the player is top ranked, but a situation like Tanner and it is all good that the hammer came down.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on November 09, 2015, 07:12:08 PM ---

Right now you have a QB coach working all game with all 3 quarterbacks. Gary is gone and no one wants to see Mays lose his red-shirt ...so you have 2 quarterbacks. You have two things that work well with Davis at QB ...the keeper and the sweep-toss. Of course I have always loved the option, but that is not what we are at this point. Everything else works better Wells taking snaps. Wells is a solid passer, with skills beyond our level; but consistency is an issue. Then again, if he was consistently that good ...he would not be here.

--- End quote ---

OK, I get it - you're sold on Wells and Montgomery
I remember last year when Montgomery was asked if he would go after Cardale if he left Ohio State he said Wells was the better QB of the two.  Cardale has a receive corps decimated by injuries and Wells has an O-line in the same boat, but I would tread lightly on "skills beyond our level".

I think it would help to have a mobile QB when the O-line is beat up.  Wells can run, he just doesn't.

As far a Tanner - he screwed up.  It just amazes me to see how the band wagon is big on second, third and fourth chances when the player is top ranked, but a situation like Tanner and it is all good that the hammer came down.

--- End quote ---

I had no idea why Tanner was off the team. I was under the impression he quit?

ScarletRook:

--- Quote ---I had no idea why Tanner was off the team. I was under the impression he quit?
--- End quote ---

Not initially - if he did quit it was not his idea.  Too bad, he put in a lot of time and supported his team even knowing his chances.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Neither Wells or Davis will be the quarterback next year.   Pelini will find a quick fix transfer who can throw and run, then begin grooming a quarterback to his liking.   Listen closely to Pelini, it drives him crazy that Wells is soft and not only cannot run, he is scared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version