YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

QB Thread

<< < (3/16) > >>

ScarletRook:
Pelini may have to find a quick fix transfer.
If Montgomery takes his top talents to a higher status program like some argue, he will take Wells with him.
Ricky probably won't be back.
Probably lose Bell also and a few more.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on November 10, 2015, 03:09:49 PM ---Pelini may have to find a quick fix transfer.
If Montgomery takes his top talents to a higher status program like some argue, he will take Wells with him.
Ricky probably won't be back.
Probably lose Bell also and a few more.

--- End quote ---

Bell?  Matt Bell, the guard/center?   Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not.
Our OC STINKS!  Our OL STINKS!  Our QB STINK! and so why would you worry if they all left? 
(For the record, IMO our OC, OL and QB's do NOT stink)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on November 09, 2015, 07:12:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 09, 2015, 08:27:34 AM ---I have asked many time for people to put topics in one thread. Quite frankly I am tired of reading anti-Wells and anti-Montgomery stuff by the same couple of people all the time. Please keep it in here so that I can more easily ignore it.

Right now you have a QB coach working all game with all 3 quarterbacks. Gary is gone and no one wants to see Mays lose his red-shirt ...so you have 2 quarterbacks. You have two things that work well with Davis at QB ...the keeper and the sweep-toss. Of course I have always loved the option, but that is not what we are at this point. Everything else works better Wells taking snaps. Wells is a solid passer, with skills beyond our level; but consistency is an issue. Then again, if he was consistently that good ...he would not be here.

--- End quote ---

OK, I get it - you're sold on Wells and Montgomery
I remember last year when Montgomery was asked if he would go after Cardale if he left Ohio State he said Wells was the better QB of the two.  Cardale has a receive corps decimated by injuries and Wells has an O-line in the same boat, but I would tread lightly on "skills beyond our level".

I think it would help to have a mobile QB when the O-line is beat up.  Wells can run, he just doesn't.

As far a Tanner - he screwed up.  It just amazes me to see how the band wagon is big on second, third and fourth chances when the player is top ranked, but a situation like Tanner and it is all good that the hammer came down.

--- End quote ---

I am certainly sold on coach Montgomery; have been for some years now. However, if we keep making him alter his offense to the point where we have no misdirection ...he may choose take other offers. I am not sold on Wells or Davis. Not certain that we will bring in a JUCO, I would think that the progression of all 3 QB's will be the determining factor there. Again coach M is a system coach and it takes just as much effort to teach a JUCO, as it does to teach an underclassman that system. I am not in favor of putting in a large effort for a year.

Wells and Davis have made unbelievable changes in the past few weeks ...let's just see if their progression continues. I am very happy with 2 of our underclassmen on the O-Line. If Cole continues to progress, I am very happy with our chances to win out.

go guins:
1-AA, I get the feeling it's you and me aginst the world supporting our players and coaches.  Yes they make mistakes.  Yes they are not perfect, but there the best we have and I root for them and hope they win each week.  Frankly I've see a couple QB's far better than Wells and Davis here, and a bunch worse.  I still think Hunter can get far better, but this hate mongering with Montgomery is getting tiring.  Good grief, sometimes I actually think some of these guys think THEY could do better!!  How funny is that?  Think they are Vince Lombardi bolting bumpers on a car at GM for a living.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote ---Bell?  Matt Bell, the guard/center?   Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not.
Our OC STINKS!  Our OL STINKS!  Our QB STINK! and so why would you worry if they all left? 
(For the record, IMO our OC, OL and QB's do NOT stink)

--- End quote ---

Not sure what the diatribe about "STINKS" has to do with my posts.
Just curious, you state you support our players but enjoy calling Julius Childs 'Julia'.
Any particular reason?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version