YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.

<< < (4/34) > >>

guinpen:
They travel well so we need a good crowd

DavedS:

--- Quote from: YSU_Penguins17 on November 08, 2015, 07:43:48 PM ---I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.

--- End quote ---
Southern Illinois lost to Indiana(Big 10)by 1 point--Indiana gave Ohio State a rough time.They lost to the mighty Bison by 6 points--not bad to a perennial National Champion.Western Illinois beat UNI a few weeks back.Missouri State is the only deplorable team in the MVFC.I know that NDSU is playing their best football now but keep in mind that they were beaten by USD in Fargo in spite of several turnovers and even gained more yards,more 1st downs,and more time of possession than the sometime invincible Bison.YSU beat them on their own turf easily.If we limit the mistakes and penalties and our crippled O-Line steps up we will keep it within 3 td's.Pitt is the best team we will face all season and we kept it closer than 3 td's. 8)

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: YSU_Penguins17 on November 08, 2015, 07:43:48 PM ---I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.

--- End quote ---
Is this the guy who was tweeting a few weeks back he wanted Wolf back?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
The storyline in this game will be their offense against our defense. They average around 240 on the ground and their quarterback has done a nice job filling in for Wentz. The fact they only managed a 6 point win on the road against Southern most recently gives me hope. In that game they rushed for 400 yards and that was their key to victory. We have the number #1 defense in the conference for a reason and I really like the match-up there. I don't think they have faced a defense this year quite like ours. Their defense on the other hand never seems to miss a beat. Our offense needs to produce and make the most of their opportunities in the red-zone

lakesbison:
NDSU finally put together a complete game last week, quite frankly the natives were getting restless after the USD loss (broken wrist by our QB) and the last 2 weeks have been shaky with the NEW freshman QB at the helm.

NDSU defense has drastically improved as the year has gone by, I think this YSU/NDSU game is going to be a slug fest and street fight.   if NDSU can continue pounding the football and controlling the Line of Scrimmage NDSU wins .   If Not, then YSU could get momentum!

NDSU will bring fans, I went 2 years ago and we had 1500-2000 fans there, should be the same this week.  I know 3 busses that are bringing fans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version