YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.

<< < (26/34) > >>

BigJ:
I was shocked to see that Kevin Schneph wrote such an article because he is the most mild mannered sportswriter that one would fine anyplace.  Not only did Bo’s actions touch a nerve with him, but with me and others as well.

NEVER in my life have I seen such a sideline tirade.  It was embarrassing.  He totally lost his cool when he was in no position to see the pass interference call.

If it has not already happened, the word will be - the way to beat Youngstown is to get in Bo Pelini’s head.

NDSUSR:

--- Quote from: BigJ on November 15, 2015, 12:25:44 AM ---I was shocked to see that Kevin Schneph wrote such an article because he is the most mild mannered sportswriter that one would fine anyplace.  Not only did Bo’s actions touch a nerve with him, but with me and others as well.

NEVER in my life have I seen such a sideline tirade.  It was embarrassing.  He totally lost his cool when he was in no position to see the pass interference call.

If it has not already happened, the word will be - the way to beat Youngstown is to get in Bo Pelini’s head.

--- End quote ---

Nothing in that article was inaccurate.
This was the #1 read sports article at the Washington Post today>  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/14/bo-pelini-suffers-another-meltdown-in-youngstown-state-loss-to-ndsu/

DavedS:
Nice pics--but after seeing that play 8 times--definitely a bogus call--send the ref a thank you card ::)

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 14, 2015, 11:10:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on November 14, 2015, 11:01:54 PM ---http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

--- End quote ---

"Pelini will probably land another head coaching job at a lower-level FBS school that is looking to hire a marquee name. Never mind that extra baggage.

It's really too bad Bo couldn't turn a new leaf and act somewhat human."

Garbage hit piece. 

The yelling concerns me none.  The anemic offense and 5 losses concern me some...but I'll cut him slack for his first year.  Since when did football become filled with glass-jawed lightweights who can't handle loud words.  Is this still football or is it now a chess club?

--- End quote ---

Yelling is one thing.  Losing your mind in anger to the point where you are searching out any ref in the area just to vent is quite another. 

If history has shown anything, and the articles linked touch on it, is that when Bo loses focus on the game to chew out the refs, his teams usually loses focus and spirals also.  That is probably why people should care, year one or not.

But, when the Washinton Post writes stories about Bo's tantrums, then maybe Maryland won't hire him away.  Silver lining.   :)

The YO Show:
Blo,

In all honesty, he wasn't going to Maryland after only one year here. Whether or not our season turned out the way it did or that game. I'm not going to claim to know how long he really will be here, but I would have bet money against all the Maryland rumors. I personally think he will be here at least another two seasons (that way its closer to when his money runs out). I don't know that for a fact, but I don't think he would have come here for just one year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version