YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bring on the Bison! YSU vs. ND ST. 11/14 2pm.

<< < (3/34) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Still looking back at the win in Brookings last season I don't think many people expected that. Personally I don't think that was a fluke and that kind of play doesn't magically disappear. Like coach Pelini said the margin of error at the quarterback  position is so slim and there's just one to many variables involved..the fact he embraces the play of Ricky Davis tells me alot..Go Guins!!

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 08, 2015, 06:57:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 08, 2015, 03:46:26 PM ---I will never understand the negativity that exists on here towards  the offense. If someone told me the guins would be third in total offense in conference play after the St.Francis game and with the offensive line issue's they have experienced I thought they would be crazy. If the performance against SDSU was better we would probably be first. Remember you are only as good in football as the people in front of you and around you and the same can also be said for the defensive side and special teams.That's what makes football the ultimate team sport. To say that Wells is responsible for the losses against Illinois St. and Southern is just ridiculous. The same could also be said for the defense. It's time to start believing and stop doing so much b****ing..BEAT BISON!!

--- End quote ---

Football is a team sport, it is naive to single out any player or any one play and state that as the reason for a loss. Guess that we would have to keep track of everyone that missed a block, everyone that missed a tackle, every blown coverage every dropped ball. Sound absurd, it is!

--- End quote ---

Ok, I'll play. A dropped pass = a pick 6?  A missed PAT = a pick 6?

Losing a down, or a point, is the equivalent of ending a drive, negating any and all gains acquired during that drive, and trading that drive for a six point gift to your opponent?

YSU_Penguins17:
I'm happy with the past three weeks and we have improved but anyone who honestly believes we have a chance to keep this game within 14 needs to get a sense of reality. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois and Missouri State are deplorable. I will consider this game successful if we keep it within 3 touchdowns.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 08, 2015, 07:22:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 08, 2015, 06:57:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 08, 2015, 03:46:26 PM ---I will never understand the negativity that exists on here towards  the offense. If someone told me the guins would be third in total offense in conference play after the St.Francis game and with the offensive line issue's they have experienced I thought they would be crazy. If the performance against SDSU was better we would probably be first. Remember you are only as good in football as the people in front of you and around you and the same can also be said for the defensive side and special teams.That's what makes football the ultimate team sport. To say that Wells is responsible for the losses against Illinois St. and Southern is just ridiculous. The same could also be said for the defense. It's time to start believing and stop doing so much b****ing..BEAT BISON!!

--- End quote ---

Football is a team sport, it is naive to single out any player or any one play and state that as the reason for a loss. Guess that we would have to keep track of everyone that missed a block, everyone that missed a tackle, every blown coverage every dropped ball. Sound absurd, it is!

--- End quote ---

Ok, I'll play. A dropped pass = a pick 6?  A missed PAT = a pick 6?

Losing a down, or a point, is the equivalent of ending a drive, negating any and all gains acquired during that drive, and trading that drive for a six point gift to your opponent?

--- End quote ---

A missed block so our guy does not score, a missed tackle so their guy does score, a blown coverage so their guy scores, a dropped pass that would have been six, and so on and so on.

It is a team sport and the game is a sum of all the plays.

I have no expectations of changing anyone's mind, but that is cool, later.

ValleyTalk:
Just want to throw this out there....

YSU is #2 in pass defense in the entire FCS and #6 in total defense.

Who on God's green earth thought that was possible after the last 5 years.

Proceed. BEAT NDSU!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version