Author Topic: Game Day: Guins vs. Bears  (Read 15831 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Game Day: Guins vs. Bears
« on: November 07, 2015, 08:03:50 AM »
The 21st-ranked Youngstown State football team opens Novemeber with a home tilt against Missouri State on Saturday at Stambaugh Stadium. Kickoff for the Missouri Valley Football Conference meeting between the Penguins and Bears is set for 2 p.m.

YSU will wear a special USA Flag helmet decal as the Penguins host their annual Veterans Appreciation Day. All active or retired military personnel are eligible to receive up to six complimentary game tickets with any military ID. The tickets are available only at the Stambaugh Stadium Athletic Ticket Office and must be picked up by end of the day on Friday.

On Saturday, tailgating lots (M-24 and M-7) will open at 8 a.m. Beer will be on sale in both lots at that time and fans will be allowed in to start their tailgating festivities. Parking in the M-26, M-27 and decks will be available at that time for $5.

At 9:30 a.m. YSU will host a breakfast and ceremony for the 2015 YSU Athletics Hall of Fame inductees in Kilcawley Center. The six individuals - Jake Andreadis, Tom Cullen, Matt Kempe, Missy LaForet, Jen Perugini and Justin Thomas - will also be honored at halftime of the football game.

The YSU Student Fan Club the "Penguin Pack" will be hosting a party for YSU Students in the M-7 Lot as well starting at 10 a.m.

All fans attending the game will receive a YSU Wall Cling courtesy of 21 WFMJ, Rulli Brothers and Schwebel's Baking Co.

Following the football game at 5 p.m. the YSU volleyball team will play host to Northern Kentucky. The Penguins entertain Oakland on Friday night with the match set to start at 7 p.m.

Members of the YSU baseball program will be selling merchandise near the M-24 Lot and then at the game on the West Stands Concourse. The program will be accepting credit cards for purchases. The YSU Bookstore will be selling merchandise as well on Armed Forces Blvd. The women's golf team will be selling YSU "Y" Powerband wristbands and magnets.

During the game members of the softball team will be selling 50/50 Raffle Tickets.

As always, YSU students are admitted free with a valid student ID with seating on the East Side stands. Tickets on gameday are $20 for reserved seats and $16 for general admission. The YSU Athletic Ticket Office is open until 6 p.m. on Friday.

For those individuals who cannot make Saturday's game can follow the game via LIVE STATS | LIVE AUDIO | LIVE VIDEO on Watch ESPN.

Saturday's Schedule

8 a.m. - Athletic Ticket Office opens
8 a.m. - Tailgate Lots (M-24 and M-7) open | Parking available in M-26/M-27
9:30 a.m. - YSU Athletics Hall of Fame Breakfast/Ceremony in Kilcawley Center
12:30 p.m. - Stambaugh Stadium Gates Open
12:30 p.m. - North/South/East Side Ticket Booths Open/Handicap Parking Available behind East Stands
1 p.m. - 570 WKBN YSU/Pizza Hut Tailgate Show Live from M-24 Lot
1 p.m. - Mosure Hall of Gridiron Glory Opens on Concourse Level
1:40 p.m. - YSU Marching Pride Pregame Show
2 p.m. - Tailgate Lot Closes
2:04 p.m. - YSU vs. Missouri State
5 p.m. - YSU volleyball vs. Northern Kentucky

Halftime: YSU Marching Pride, YSU Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees

Postgame: Fifth-Quarter Call-in Radio Show on 570 WKBN

On Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter fans are encouraged to use #GoGuins when posting photos, videos or tweets. If you need assistance in the tailgate lot contact YSU Police @YSUpolice on twitter or call (330) 941-3527.

Fan Services and credit card sales are available on at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office inside Stambaugh Stadium. Visiting team will call is located behind the East stands.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Game Day: Guins vs. Bears
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »
6-hours and counting. Yes, I have a beer on my car bumper.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 10:32:31 AM »
31-10 YSU.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »
I would like to see the Guins win big but still keep their ammo and stay healthy for the final two. I would also like to see Ricky swing the ball around for more then just a few attempts. I'm not in favor of him running today it's not worth the risk..42-10 Guins

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »
Ah #6 with ANOTHER pick. Never fails....

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 04:01:43 PM »
Almost yet another pick 6, but sure enough a Wells pick leads to 7 opponent points....again.   Two picks (one called back) in one half against the MSU pass D. Not good.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:05:22 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »
N.D.S.U. 38-0 over W.I.U. at the half..Wow !!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 05:33:06 PM »
Did what we needed to do. MSU is god awful. Time to get ready for the champs!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »
All the great stats today to talk about and someone would bring up the int?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
The game was well in-hand against Missouri State, but next week it will be North Dakota St.; they just demolished W. Illinois 49 - 7. We have to execute extremely well!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »
All the great stats today to talk about and someone would bring up the int?

Yes, because he still struggled throwing some passes and that one was the worst.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 06:40:52 AM »
Wells was 15/25 for 241 for 3 tds and 1 int.  Am I happy with the int no.  We won like we were supposed to.  It's a November win, a league win, a team win. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »
Wells was 15/25 for 241 for 3 tds and 1 int.  Am I happy with the int no.  We won like we were supposed to.  It's a November win, a league win, a team win.

Easy to pad your stats against a wounded gazelle. Wells' stats weren't that impressive given the opponent. Most first downs and yards gained were by rushing. 

I take note of it because this game was a pre-NDSU scrimmage. Our interception-prone immobile QB may cost us the NDSU game much like his pick 6s have cost us two other MVFC games. We are a lock for the playoffs right with a 7-2/5-1 record now without those 2 pick 6s.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 07:40:27 AM »
My question is for the coaches.  Do you coach the kid to look off your opponents? Why does he lock on to one guy all, of the time?  Do you see that he doesn't use progressions?

WTF

This is a coaching issue.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:34 AM »
I think Bob Hannon put it best yesterday. You see Wells make incredible throws that few can make in our conference or at the F.C.S. level. He has made plenty of big plays this season when all the pieces haven't been around him. You have to give him credit for that. Yes the interceptions have been very bad in NATURE and the lack of consistent play is concerning. You can't do those things against the Bison and expect to get away with it
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:05:25 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »