YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins vs. Bears

<< < (6/6)

Double ET:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on November 08, 2015, 07:42:37 PM ---Wells is the best QB we have.  He needs to be coached to look off the defensive backs and not lock on to one guy.  That is the whole issue as I see it.  The OL patch job has been rocky at times.  They need to play out O their asses to pull this off

--- End quote ---
I like Wells and some of the things that he could do. I just wish our coaches stopped calling those passes to the sideline on the out pattern when he could not look off the receiver or read the defense. The coaches should protect him and the team by not putting us in that situation. Can Davis play better? The coaches see them 6 days a week in practice, in game and on film. I will let them do their job and I am not going to second guess them. Both Wolf and Bo coached both QBs and came to the same conclusion. Who am I to second guess them when I only see them once a week for 3 hours during the game?
If they are putting Davis in there, then let him throw the ball also (so he could play like a normal QB). We don't another part time QB/running back in the game. We need a complete QB. Otherwise, stay with Wells and coach/develop him.

YSUGO:
Bingo!  Double ET nailed it. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 08, 2015, 10:03:09 AM ---I'd like to see Davis start this saturday.

--- End quote ---
That's right.  Let's throw something unique at NDSU.  I've got it, let's start ME at QB, that will shock the hell out of them! 
I have a good friend that is a completely blind OSU fan and he thought Cordell Steward, whoops, Cardell Jones, was the second coming at QB in Columbus, and I tell him, you know why he was third string going into last season?  Because the other 2 guys were BETTER.  This season has shown his weaknesses.  Well, Hunter is our QB because He is BETTER than the back-ups.   Yes, Davis surprised WI last week on a first pass, but otherwise.....

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 09, 2015, 09:15:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 08, 2015, 10:03:09 AM ---I'd like to see Davis start this saturday.

--- End quote ---
That's right.  Let's throw something unique at NDSU.  I've got it, let's start ME at QB, that will shock the hell out of them! 
I have a good friend that is a completely blind OSU fan and he thought Cordell Steward, whoops, Cardell Jones, was the second coming at QB in Columbus, and I tell him, you know why he was third string going into last season?  Because the other 2 guys were BETTER.  This season has shown his weaknesses.  Well, Hunter is our QB because He is BETTER than the back-ups.   Yes, Davis surprised WI last week on a first pass, but otherwise.....

--- End quote ---

As long as you look off the safety, grab a jersey ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version