YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins vs. Bears

<< < (4/6) > >>

ysufan0505:
I'd like to see Davis start this saturday.

YSUGO:
How many dropped balls yesterday 5 or 6.  How many dropped balls all season.  I see we are using a few different guys at WR now.  I think it's a timing issue with Wells. On the int. He threw it way to late.  What I saw of Davis shows why Wells is QB 1.  Davis is mobile yes. You guys all want a dual threat QB and We don't have that we have one that can pass and one that can run.  When we had Dante last year you see how that worked it out he is at Slippery Rock.  Wells excels in the intermediate and longer passes.  The issue her is the offense that is installed not the player.  Good coaching makes adjustments with talent and game situations.  I do see that with Monty on the field it has helped during the game.  But he needs to fit the offense to his horses that he had not make the horses fit his system.

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 08, 2015, 10:03:09 AM ---I'd like to see Davis start this saturday.

--- End quote ---

For what reason.  Wells didn't play himself out of the starters job.  I am sure the Bison want him to start too.  Davis had no clue about the passing game in Montys offense he should have been picked the one time he tried to throw down field into quadruple coverage.  But he better be ready to play next week we will need both guys.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 08, 2015, 10:21:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 08, 2015, 10:03:09 AM ---I'd like to see Davis start this saturday.

--- End quote ---

For what reason.  Wells didn't play himself out of the starters job.  I am sure the Bison want him to start too.  Davis had no clue about the passing game in Montys offense he should have been picked the one time he tried to throw down field into quadruple coverage.  But he better be ready to play next week we will need both guys.

--- End quote ---

To beat NDSU the execution must be near flawless. We know #6 likely will not execute at the required level. We know he won't escape the pass rush. IMO, starting #6 is dooming the outcome of the game.

I thought it was telling that #12 only had 7 passes against MSU and that Wells played after the half. The coaching staff has so little confidence in him that they felt he needed more practice. For whatever bizarre reason, they are married to the concept of starting #6 despite his past performance.  They are going down with the ship if necessary. At least with #12 there is chance. When I last looked #12 has a higher completion % and higher yards/attempt.

YSUGO:
Benching Wells who is one of your team Captains would not accomplish anything positive especially when this team was an over time and a knee away from being 5-1 in the conference. We are 1-0 in November.  It was a team effort and both QB's have been instrumental in that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version