YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins vs. Bears

<< < (3/6) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: guinpen on November 07, 2015, 07:37:40 PM ---All the great stats today to talk about and someone would bring up the int?

--- End quote ---

Yes, because he still struggled throwing some passes and that one was the worst.

YSUGO:
Wells was 15/25 for 241 for 3 tds and 1 int.  Am I happy with the int no.  We won like we were supposed to.  It's a November win, a league win, a team win. 

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 08, 2015, 06:40:52 AM ---Wells was 15/25 for 241 for 3 tds and 1 int.  Am I happy with the int no.  We won like we were supposed to.  It's a November win, a league win, a team win.

--- End quote ---

Easy to pad your stats against a wounded gazelle. Wells' stats weren't that impressive given the opponent. Most first downs and yards gained were by rushing. 

I take note of it because this game was a pre-NDSU scrimmage. Our interception-prone immobile QB may cost us the NDSU game much like his pick 6s have cost us two other MVFC games. We are a lock for the playoffs right with a 7-2/5-1 record now without those 2 pick 6s.

penguinpower:
My question is for the coaches.  Do you coach the kid to look off your opponents? Why does he lock on to one guy all, of the time?  Do you see that he doesn't use progressions?

WTF

This is a coaching issue.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I think Bob Hannon put it best yesterday. You see Wells make incredible throws that few can make in our conference or at the F.C.S. level. He has made plenty of big plays this season when all the pieces haven't been around him. You have to give him credit for that. Yes the interceptions have been very bad in NATURE and the lack of consistent play is concerning. You can't do those things against the Bison and expect to get away with it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version