YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vindy: McNutt has YSU secondary playing well

<< < (2/2)

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Double ET on November 04, 2015, 06:21:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: DavedS on November 04, 2015, 06:03:00 PM ---The pass defense I've seen this season is light years better than the pass defense I saw last season. ;D

--- End quote ---
The linebackers and the safeties are so much more active this year and the corners are playing up on the receivers. They are so much better than last year. Last year, we were happy to give up only a 6 yards pass to the outside receivers and we also hoped the receivers would drop the ball on passes across the middle.

IMO, Defense is much, much better in most plays (excepted giving some big plays occasionally). if they keeping improving by not missing some assignments in some critical situations, our defense will be solid for the rest of the season.

--- End quote ---

Agreed

ysufan0505:
Amazing what a good defensive scheme can do. Keep it up boys!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 05, 2015, 12:04:28 AM ---Amazing what a good defensive scheme can do. Keep it up boys!

--- End quote ---
Yes.
I read about Julius Child making a comment to answer the question on why he played off the receiver 7 yards every play and gave up that yardage. He said he was told to do that. As you said, it had to do with the defensive scheme.

go guins:

--- Quote ---Yes.
I read about Julius Child making a comment to answer the question on why he played off the receiver 7 yards every play and gave up that yardage. He said he was told to do that. As you said, it had to do with the defensive scheme.

--- End quote ---

Funny thing, but as I read these blogs, I get the distinct feeling we like the new aggressive defensive style much better; I know I do!  But let's not forget, with mostly the same players, the more passive D the last few seasons looks, at least for now, like it will result in a better record! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version