Author Topic: Valley Football Players of the Week - Oct. 31  (Read 10813 times)

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Valley Football Players of the Week - Oct. 31
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
I'm not sure if they are either--FWIW Sagarin has RMU @#232 and MSU 7 points higher and ranked #224--it should be a blowout but should not be taken for granted--that's why they play the game. fb

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
5dimes:  YSU -28

How about #2 ISUr being the 1 point dogs @ the bunnies?

7/10 Valley teams now have 4 or more losses.  IMO, a 5 loss team from the Valley should get a post-season invite.  6-5 in the MVFC = 7-4 in the BSC or CAA and is >/= 8-3 in all other conferences.
I agree--Indy State made it in with 5 losses last year so it is possible.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 03:26:29 PM »
We need to win all of our games and we need to win them convincingly.  The reason is that if UNI wins out and has the same record they stand a better chance of making the playoffs with wins over Eastern Washington and Cal Poly (check that) vs Robert Morris and Saint Francis. 

At least that is bow I see it

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »
5dimes:  YSU -28

How about #2 ISUr being the 1 point dogs @ the bunnies?

7/10 Valley teams now have 4 or more losses.  IMO, a 5 loss team from the Valley should get a post-season invite.  6-5 in the MVFC = 7-4 in the BSC or CAA and is >/= 8-3 in all other conferences.
I agree--Indy State made it in with 5 losses last year so it is possible.

last year was a year with an extra game. That is not the case this year. 5 losses will never see a bid unless it is a conference champ. Yes I believe all conference champs should make it, regardless of record, schedule or strength.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 07:44:57 PM »
We need to win all of our games and we need to win them convincingly.  The reason is that if UNI wins out and has the same record they stand a better chance of making the playoffs with wins over Eastern Washington and Cal Poly (check that) vs Robert Morris and Saint Francis. 

At least that is bow I see it
Good point--UNI making the playoffs is always a waste--would rather see any other MVFC team in there.