YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri State at YSU 11/07 2 pm

(1/4) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Last season, Missouri State won one MVFC game and was within one score of three others, one of which was YSU. MSU was 3-1 going into the YSU game and lost 14-7. 

This season, the sole win is over a D2 program, and MSU is 1-7/0-5, and 0-4 on the road. So far two teams have scored 70 points on them, and one 60 points.  in the MVFC, MSU is last in total defense (YSU is first) and last in total offense.  They are first in punt return average, and last in almost every other category.  In TOP, MSU is last, while YSU is first.

MO St's offense hasn't seen the end zone in 13 straight quarters, and have scored 12 points over the last 3 games combined.

This is the first season at Missouri State for their HC, Dave Steckel, who was previously the DC at Mizzou.

Massey gives YSU a 97% chance of victory and predicts a score of 41-13.  5dimes has YSU -28.

Massey ranks MSU 279 in D1.  As a point of reference, our earlier NEC foe STFU is ranked 200.

YSU leads the series 12-5.

The weather forecast for kickoff currently is 52 degrees, partly cloudy, 10 MPH winds, and ZERO chance of precipitation.

Penguin Nation:
Do you curb stomp these guys for four quarters to feed the fans some red meat and impress the selection committee, or pull the starters early to keep them healthy for NDSU?  I would chose the later.  Go into the NDSU game with every advantage possible.

ValleyTalk:
If we see this team come out with the focus they had vs. St. Francis, I will be very excited for the following week. I want us to play a crisp game on offense, defense, and special teams. We cannot take anyone lightly.

ysufan0505:
Time to blow this team out. Rest the starters, and get ready for the Bison!

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on November 04, 2015, 01:14:12 AM ---Do you curb stomp these guys for four quarters to feed the fans some red meat and impress the selection committee, or pull the starters early to keep them healthy for NDSU?  I would chose the later.  Go into the NDSU game with every advantage possible.

--- End quote ---

Winning out should be what impresses the selection committee, but they seem to be more concerned that you beat up the neighborhood milk toast.  I would hope we rest our starters, as we have some healing  to do, but I don't expect anything to change and no substitutions until under 4 minutes in the 4th quarter.  That is with the exception of the mandatory plays of Ricky Davis on a QB read option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version