YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Just dreaming! How about starting a new Rivalry!

<< < (3/4) > >>

go guins:
1-AA, I agree 100% that FCS opponents are all fine, regardless of scholarship quantities.  They play in the same playoffs!
I also agree in principal with the no up or down, but what about the money?  We draw say 12000 x 6 home dates @ $15 average?   At best maybe 1 M total revenue.   The Big 10 was paying us 600K-650K that is a 60-65% increase in revenue.   We are still going to be down 300,000 from Big 10 playing Pitt or WVA.  Can’t make that up anywhere in FB unless drop scholarships or travel.

IAA Fan:
Obviously we are going to miss that income, should we lose it; as would everyone else. However, the revenue from big-6 conferences only becomes a competitive issue, when one I-AA/FCS club has it and another does not. If teams are not allowed to play outside of their own division, then this would not be an issue.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 30, 2015, 07:36:32 AM ---Obviously we are going to miss that income, should we lose it; as would everyone else. However, the revenue from big-6 conferences only becomes a competitive issue, when one I-AA/FCS club has it and another does not. If teams are not allowed to play outside of their own division, then this would not be an issue.

--- End quote ---

Might not be a competitive issue, but it IS still a money issue.  These far flung conferences destroy potential rivalries and severely run up expenses.  I enjoy going to away games, and haven’t missed a game in Columbus or Pitt, but going to Brookings SD or Fargo ND is ridiculous.  And who the “heck” wants to go to NIU?  Personally I’d love Dayton, Duquesne etc.  and drop this far west stuff.  But I DON’T want to drop back to limited scholarships and not every be nationally competitive again.   This whole system is screwed up if you ask me.  IMO we need another division for 1-AA full scholarship and 1-AA no or limited scholarships.

Penguin Nation:
Some FCS conferences offer no scholarships, but yet some D2 and NAIA conferences do.  These nonscholly conferences get an autobid while MVFC teams with winning records and high SOS are excluded from the post-season.

The MVFC is routinely ranked higher then the Sun Belt and MAC.

There needs to be modifcation of the Dayton rule, and restructuring of college football.  My suggestion would be P5 in the top division, then G5 and full scholly FCS in the next division, and then everyone else in the third division.  You may have sports one division apart.

ysuguins4:
When the power 5 all stop playing FCS schools, maybe YSU will go play a MAC school instead, or schedule some home and homes with good FCS schools from other conferences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version