Author Topic: Slocum's press conference  (Read 9637 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Slocum's press conference
« on: October 23, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »
He said that Hain will be at the four position and 7'0" transfer Jorden Kaufman will be in the pivot with 6'8" Sydney Ulmude the other big upfront.   Slocum said this his biggest lineup since he's been here.   He seemed excited about Kaufman and I'm suprised since he didn't do much in their summer tour.

Coach spoke about this being a good shooting team at every position.  He singled out transfer Matt Donlan as the best shooter and he did shoot it well in the Bahamas.

I want to be excited but with only one starter back is this a better team with addition through subtraction ?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Slocum's press conference
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »
Feel the same way Buck, a bit reserved; but I am very excited for this season. Lots of talent, but I fear little depth.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »
Another 9th or 10th place finish coming up !

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
Another 9th or 10th place finish coming up !

Thank God we added Northern Kentucky!
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
Only thing about this season is that Slocum can ride off into sunset after this year!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »
Hey why don't you two (or maybe it is one) ruin another thread with your same old relentless Paladin crap? Paladin, 05 and Nation have to be the same person. Did you mother's not teach you the old adage "if you have nothing positive to say ...then say nothing"? Try it sometime.

My God ...imagine trying to be a fan and coming to this board?

Go Guins!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »
Hey why don't you two (or maybe it is one) ruin another thread with your same old relentless Paladin crap? Paladin, 05 and Nation have to be the same person. Did you mother's not teach you the old adage "if you have nothing positive to say ...then say nothing"? Try it sometime.

My God ...imagine trying to be a fan and coming to this board?

Go Guins!!

1AA, the definition of fan is -

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something or somebody, such as a band, a sports team,

Decide for yourself if the term applies.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
Only thing about this season is that Slocum can ride off into sunset after this year!!!

Agreed.  I believe that with the right coach, YSU can compete in the Horizon.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
I know only one starter remaining but I can see Morse and Umude having breakthrough years. In a perfect world Hain averages 20 & 10. Kaufman can be a solid force down low and the incoming freshman like Andrews and Davis provide some depth. Let's hope and see though!

Go Guins!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »
I post on ONE account and ONE account only. I make my point and move on. If others agree, thats what a board if for -- opinions.

Most opinions are YSU is bad and has been that way for OVER  A DECADE.

Thank you , bean counter.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 03:07:33 PM »
  Have to agree with Paladin on this one, YSU men's basketball is a joke under Slocum, and no one in the athletic department seems to care.  He is 72 games under .500 as head coach at YSU and he keeps his job.  It is nauseating to hear all the excuses why we can't win here.

And again this year two D-3 opponents, Thiel and Geneva.   

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 06:53:49 PM »
I know only one starter remaining but I can see Morse and Umude having breakthrough years. In a perfect world Hain averages 20 & 10. Kaufman can be a solid force down low and the incoming freshman like Andrews and Davis provide some depth. Let's hope and see though!

Go Guins!

I like your optimism.  Umude is an X factor.   Seems like his athletic ability is ahead of his Basketball but he's still  young.  Morse showed signs last season.  Hopefully he will be a consistent scorer.

I booked 3 nights for their 3 games in Ft Meyers.  They better compete!!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »
I would like this team do well; but realism tells me they is very little chance of this team winning 10 games. Slocum puts a lot of confidence in the 7' Jordan. What I have seen is he is very slow and gets into foul trouble quickly. Bobby Hain can't carry this team.

It's going to be another long mediocre or maybe pitiful season. I will still attempt to watch some of the games and root for them.   

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »
    And again this year two D-3 opponents, Thiel and Geneva.

At least the schedule has improved.  The two games above are down from three, three money games this year, the Dan Peters doubleheader, and the FGCU tournament.  Hopefully they get the non-D1 games down to one next year, cause I will probably get season tickets when JS is gone.