YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguin Game Day (at SIU)

<< < (20/23) > >>

YSUGO:
Other than Davis, can run, what are you guys seeing, I must be missing something.  He has been here 3 yrs.  Does he know the offense? Is he accurate in practice.  He didn't beat out Dante last year.  We have seen this time and time again, Zwick, Street, etc.  if I was the coach I see a guy we could plug in at WR.  Or RB. There has to be a reason why the Coaching staff lacks trust in him to throw the ball. 

Penguin Nation:
I haven't seen enough of Davis to determine if he is the solution.  He scored our only rushing TD (and didn't drop a knee prior to the end zone), and was our second leading rusher despite limited action.  Not allowing him to throw made his rushing less effective.  Now that we are in a rebuilding period, it makes sense, to me anyway, to give him a start next week.  Why not? Because he too may lose 2 MVFC games because of pick 6's?

Probably what we need is a QB transfer, like JMU's Vad Lee.

YSUGO:
What pisses me off it seems like any QB after Ryan seems to never improve.  Wells from Last year to what we have this year is a different QB.  He seemed to go threw his reads better and not lock on like he has done this year. 

ysufan0505:
All you need to know right here...

Steve Wilaj ‏@steve_wilaj  15h15 hours ago

Interesting on halfback-pass call to end game. While Wells said he supported OC Montgomery's call, Pelini: "I don't feel good about it."

Penguin Nation:
Last year I thought Wells was going to be one of the greats.  I thought that going into this season.  I thought Hess peaked early.  I thought one of his best games was his first against Penn State. There was a pick 6 in the Fargodome (I think the season after we won in the Fdome) and he seemed to have lost his mojo ever since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version