YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguin Game Day (at SIU)

<< < (19/23) > >>

YSU1:
I guess the black pants did not help.

IAA Fan:
we have had black pants away all season. I want Black & red at home :)

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on October 25, 2015, 10:59:59 AM ---I guess the black pants did not help.

--- End quote ---
LOL... At least the score was closer.
For almost 50 years, I stayed for the entire game, including those two rainy home games this year. I left, for the first time at the beginning of 4th quarter in the SDSU game because I could not take it anymore. Adding insult to injury, when I got the shuttle bus to ride back to the parking deck, the bus was already almost full. I managed to get on. I was informed that the bus cannot leave until 5 minutes left in the game. I have to listen to that stupid game from the bus radio. Gee, at least it was warmer.
Next home game, I will be able to park near the stadium since the attendance will be low. In case the game got out of hand, I could walk back to my car at the 3rd quarter instead of listening the game on the shuttle.

Penguin Nation:
1AA:

The best MVFC offense was going to put up yards and points.  We knew that.  The question was could we contain them.  SIU only scored on one out of six possessions in the first half. I call that a success, and yes, kicking ass, against the #4 FCS offense that almost beat a BIG.  The offense squandered these opportunities with mostly good field position.  The first two possessions of YSU in the second half were a pick 6 and three and out.  The D could only contain so long.

The pick 6 changed the momentum in the second half.  No pick 6 = we win and are celebrating and speculating about the playoffs.  The coaches are at fault in part for the pick 6 in that they fielded a QB with poor judgment and no mobility.  He fells pressured to make risky tosses because the knows he can't run his way out of a collapsing pocket.

Now we are rebuilding for the future.  Time to get Davis some experience and develop depth.  Time to make #pick 6 a reserve QB.

footballfanatic:
The pick 6 was a game changer..no doubt about it. However #6 had 324 yards passing and 3 touchdowns.... don't forget about the good part.

The other big factor is that our defense did not force any turnovers and get us any field position. Because their kicker was able to kick a touchback we started on our own 25 most of the night. Unfortunately we can't say the same about SIU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version