YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Penguin Game Day (at SIU)

<< < (17/23) > >>

footballfanatic:
Football Fever - Maybe we should blame that on Montgomery too! :o

Penguin Nation:
Are you kidding me?  The defense kicked ass.  SIU only scored 25 (minus the pick 6 and the OT score). Only once this season were they held that low.  They put up 48 on Indiana and 73 against Misery.  They are the best offense in the best FCS conference, and the #4 offense in the FCS.

Yeah...special teams adequate..they didn't f up as bad as the offense.

The offense sucked.  Pick 6 once again created a hole the team couldn't crawl out of.  Last play of the game bizarre. Wells dumping passes because he is a statue.  Davis doesn't throw a single pass, basically telegraphing the play call to SIU.  Never took advantage of great field position early in the game.  Yeah...sucked.

footballfanatic:
Penguin Nation - I want what you are drinking!! 8)

penguinpower:
The offense turns the ball over too many times and as a result they are not good.  The special teams is horrendous.   The defense is not good enough to get the ball back and Hunter is guaranteed to throw a pick 6 in every game and he stares down every throw.

The offense sucks.  Stubbs is the best receiver and he is 5ft tall.  The receivers get no separation and the OL doesn't get a good push. Yes we had a couple big plays against a team with a bad secondary and poor overall defense. If our running backs weren't so athletic we wouldn't sniff 500 yards of offense.  We only get improvised yards on outside runs. SiU is not a good team.  We lost to a lower opponent.  We have the potential to play with anyone but we are so inconsistent  it is sickening and we aren't making progress right now.

But once again the turnovers were the difference.

YSUGO:
We had the game won at 31-20 go early in the 4th qtr.  Then the wheels came off.  Montgomery went into his in prevent offense.  Instead of what got them the lead.  Wells is a vertical passing QB and the Salukis got burnt time and time again.  They had no answer to our passing came.  We had a 56% pct 3rd down conversion percentage vs their 42%.  We lost the game on that Stupid jailhouse blitz midway through the 4th qtr. Which tourched us for a long td.  Then the punting came was atrocious.  I like they put Davis in.  But They ran that to the ground.  Jody Webb needs to be called out too He is a fumbler.  Then that last play call with the trick play was a gem.  That is where Davis should have been.  I blame this game on Montogomery and Pelinis bro.  To blame the players on this one I don't buy it.  They can't veto stupid play calling and coaching. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version