Author Topic: ESPN GAME DAY  (Read 30529 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: ESPN GAME DAY
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
Also, if you don't count the seasons in which the rainfall in Coral Gables exceed 14", and all years without a lunar eclipse, and multiply by the square root of 5.....then you'll obviously see how awesome and competent Strollo is.

Nice try 1AA......

How much do you think Strollo's epic mismanagement of the top two revenue generating sports has cost YSU....in  terms of millions (or tens of millions)?

Afraid to admit that Tressel was able to write his own schedule and make the play-off? Do you see an MVFC ring on his finger. As to your comment on Strollo. If you only new how much Strollo has done with so little? Do you live locally? When was the last time you went to campus. If you have you would never make such a comment. YSU is not even the same campus and it ALL can be directly-linked to Strollo. He has made millions for this school and lost nothing. Just look at a simple school budget. Again I cannot believe that you would even make such a statement. Do you not see the value in all those assets?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »
Also, if you don't count the seasons in which the rainfall in Coral Gables exceed 14", and all years without a lunar eclipse, and multiply by the square root of 5.....then you'll obviously see how awesome and competent Strollo is.

Nice try 1AA......

How much do you think Strollo's epic mismanagement of the top two revenue generating sports has cost YSU....in  terms of millions (or tens of millions)?

Afraid to admit that Tressel was able to write his own schedule and make the play-off? Do you see an MVFC ring on his finger. As to your comment on Strollo. If you only new how much Strollo has done with so little? Do you live locally? When was the last time you went to campus. If you have you would never make such a comment. YSU is not even the same campus and it ALL can be directly-linked to Strollo. He has made millions for this school and lost nothing. Just look at a simple school budget. Again I cannot believe that you would even make such a statement. Do you not see the value in all those assets?

Every AD is rebuilding facilities around the nation, stop drinking the Kool-Aid Strollo is serving you everyday I-AA Fan. Come on now....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 06:55:19 AM »

Nice try 1AA......

Every AD is rebuilding facilities around the nation, stop drinking the Kool-Aid Strollo is serving you everyday I-AA Fan. Come on now....

Stop talking and show us.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »
Show us a school...any school...any division...anywhere......I'll even accept NAIA....that is not doing facility upgrades.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »
Let's see, just in our own conference. Illinois state redid their stadium, which is now nicer than our. SDSU is in the middle of theirs and also will be nicer than ours.

Strollo built a soccer stadium, a softball field, upgraded the lighting and video board at stambaugh, and then redid the lobby at beeghly and got finally a video board, 10 years overdue... Boardman has a bigger videboard than YSU does. Mostly every decent size high school in this area has had a softball field which is just as nice as YSU's for years. To be honest, even the WATTS you give credit to JT and family for that one. JT has also had a lot to do with the actual campus turning around..... LOL, stop giving Master Strollo so much credit.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
You are very light on what Strollo had done & in your own attempt to argue a useless and untrue point, you mention several of the great things that he has done. There would not be more than 1 dorm on this campus, if it were not for Strollo.  (Tressel updated the Kilcawley house dorm & tried to convert the Wick-Pollack house). Without Strollo, there would not be the two athletic centers, or updated/additional weight rooms, or the new floor in Beeghly, or the new basketball and football locker rooms,? In fact, We have replaced or renovated every single locker room, coaches office. How about the new education centers, or all of the new parking, yes the softball park, Farmer National Bank Field, the additional loges and 2 turfs and other expansions to the Ice Castle. What about the record numbers in generated revenues (yes revenues Nation), what about the highest student-athlete academic performances in school history,  How about the day-to-day activities that we have not even touched upon, that includes managing hundreds of people? Would you like me to mention each of the 8 NCAA committees in which he has either served or chaired? Again, I say to you, there are NO schools at our level that has an AD that is more accomplished more than Ron Strollo (outside of maybe the 3 schools that are new to I-AA/FCS.i.e.: GA State ...but they are light-years behind us). Yes Strollo does all of this guiding what the State of Ohio would consider being the "DI bottom-feeder" in terms of resource allocations.

I give JT all the credit in the world; when it is deserved. The only waste of an AD we ever had was Malmasar. Narduzzi is responsible for Stambaugh Stadium and moving us to DI. I always give credit where credit is due. Unlike you. So again, I ask you to stop trashing staff & if you want "I hate Strollo" and "I hate Montgomery" topics ..make them. Just stop ruining all the other topics with your hatred & lies. The same goes for your upcoming Slocum-hatred campaign.

Some of us here care about YSU, yet very few post anymore because they are afraid of being bullied by the haters such as your self. Some of us do not use the "I am a fan, I just want to see things improve" line of BS to try and justify it. Being a true fan requires some element of faith. Faith compels you to believe that people more capable than yourself are are getting things done. It takes absolutely no faith to see what Ron Strollo has done for this University and community.

Sure Strollo has done many thing I take issue with ...but if his being the AD was a publicly-elected office, he would have my vote.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
People  don't post here because of STROLLO. The results speak for themselves. People got tired of complaining. What good did it do ? Women's BB sucked for a decade. Men's has sucked for almost TWO decades. Football  ?  Lack of ATTENDANCE ( not tickets sold to butt kissing businessmen) ?  The incompetence in selecting coaches, undue contract extensions of failing coaches, poor scheduling, etc, etc, etc.....................................

Its a third rate athletic dept running a second rate  sports program. You've got what you deserve.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
I've been a YSU fan since the 80's when I was a student there.  I am a fan of Youngstown State University.  This does not mean I have to be a fan of the dean of the CBA, the student government president, the track coach, the trustees, the AD, the head of financial aid or the University President.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 08:48:39 PM »
Q:  Jerry Slocum will be HC of the YSU MBB team for the 2015-16 season because:

a)  He has excelled as HC of the MBB team.

b)  The AD, Ron Strollo, doomed the 2015-16 season by foolishly renewing the contract of a HC who's ineptitude has been legendary.

Anyone picking option A gets a free CAT scan. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
Q:  Jerry Slocum will be HC of the YSU MBB team for the 2015-16 season because:

a)  He has excelled as HC of the MBB team.

b)  The AD, Ron Strollo, doomed the 2015-16 season by foolishly renewing the contract of a HC who's ineptitude has been legendary.

Anyone picking option A gets a free CAT scan.

Yep, they will be right behind those that chose answer b)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 10:01:15 PM »
Some of this stuff is so old, yet
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 10:59:48 PM »
The crowd at JMU is awesome.  We have not had that kind of student support even when we were winning in the 90's. :(

NDSU still kicked their ass on gameday... .TWICE!

oh and in the playoffs a few years back :)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
JMU putting on an awesome show.  I suspect the ratings are much higher for GameDay than for the FCS title game.  Other FCS schools mentioned, but not YSU.

It makes me realize how far we've fallen during the Strollo era.

FCS Title games with NDSU  1.7 million
ESPN Gameday 1.1 million

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 07:16:49 AM »
JMU putting on an awesome show.  I suspect the ratings are much higher for GameDay than for the FCS title game.  Other FCS schools mentioned, but not YSU.

It makes me realize how far we've fallen during the Strollo era.

FCS Title games with NDSU  1.7 million
ESPN Gameday 1.1 million

Very interesting article. NDSU had better ESPN GameDay ratings than most BCS schools.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/793-north-dakota-state-more-than-justifies-espn-s-decision-for-college-gameday

However, the ratings still look better for ESPN GameDay than the FCS Championship. 

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/01/unc-louisville-ratings-espn-basketball-epl-nbcsn-most-watched-fcs-college-football-championship-espn/

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:15 AM »
Game Day will always be higher. The games are regional. Game Day is national. There is no alternative game day, but there are alternative college football games. The Buckeyes championship game averaged 38.8 million and had peak of over 50 million viewers ...a rating of over 21.

We are what we are. The average person does not even know ESPN2 exists. Even the D II & III title games get ESPN. I have complained about this for years. ESPN puts little effort into it. Let's go to Fox.