YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ESPN GAME DAY

<< < (8/10) > >>

IAA Fan:
You are very light on what Strollo had done & in your own attempt to argue a useless and untrue point, you mention several of the great things that he has done. There would not be more than 1 dorm on this campus, if it were not for Strollo.  (Tressel updated the Kilcawley house dorm & tried to convert the Wick-Pollack house). Without Strollo, there would not be the two athletic centers, or updated/additional weight rooms, or the new floor in Beeghly, or the new basketball and football locker rooms,? In fact, We have replaced or renovated every single locker room, coaches office. How about the new education centers, or all of the new parking, yes the softball park, Farmer National Bank Field, the additional loges and 2 turfs and other expansions to the Ice Castle. What about the record numbers in generated revenues (yes revenues Nation), what about the highest student-athlete academic performances in school history,  How about the day-to-day activities that we have not even touched upon, that includes managing hundreds of people? Would you like me to mention each of the 8 NCAA committees in which he has either served or chaired? Again, I say to you, there are NO schools at our level that has an AD that is more accomplished more than Ron Strollo (outside of maybe the 3 schools that are new to I-AA/FCS.i.e.: GA State ...but they are light-years behind us). Yes Strollo does all of this guiding what the State of Ohio would consider being the "DI bottom-feeder" in terms of resource allocations.

I give JT all the credit in the world; when it is deserved. The only waste of an AD we ever had was Malmasar. Narduzzi is responsible for Stambaugh Stadium and moving us to DI. I always give credit where credit is due. Unlike you. So again, I ask you to stop trashing staff & if you want "I hate Strollo" and "I hate Montgomery" topics ..make them. Just stop ruining all the other topics with your hatred & lies. The same goes for your upcoming Slocum-hatred campaign.

Some of us here care about YSU, yet very few post anymore because they are afraid of being bullied by the haters such as your self. Some of us do not use the "I am a fan, I just want to see things improve" line of BS to try and justify it. Being a true fan requires some element of faith. Faith compels you to believe that people more capable than yourself are are getting things done. It takes absolutely no faith to see what Ron Strollo has done for this University and community.

Sure Strollo has done many thing I take issue with ...but if his being the AD was a publicly-elected office, he would have my vote.

paladin:
People  don't post here because of STROLLO. The results speak for themselves. People got tired of complaining. What good did it do ? Women's BB sucked for a decade. Men's has sucked for almost TWO decades. Football  ?  Lack of ATTENDANCE ( not tickets sold to butt kissing businessmen) ?  The incompetence in selecting coaches, undue contract extensions of failing coaches, poor scheduling, etc, etc, etc.....................................

Its a third rate athletic dept running a second rate  sports program. You've got what you deserve.

ysuguins4:
I've been a YSU fan since the 80's when I was a student there.  I am a fan of Youngstown State University.  This does not mean I have to be a fan of the dean of the CBA, the student government president, the track coach, the trustees, the AD, the head of financial aid or the University President.

Penguin Nation:
Q:  Jerry Slocum will be HC of the YSU MBB team for the 2015-16 season because:

a)  He has excelled as HC of the MBB team.

b)  The AD, Ron Strollo, doomed the 2015-16 season by foolishly renewing the contract of a HC who's ineptitude has been legendary.

Anyone picking option A gets a free CAT scan. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 27, 2015, 08:48:39 PM ---Q:  Jerry Slocum will be HC of the YSU MBB team for the 2015-16 season because:

a)  He has excelled as HC of the MBB team.

b)  The AD, Ron Strollo, doomed the 2015-16 season by foolishly renewing the contract of a HC who's ineptitude has been legendary.

Anyone picking option A gets a free CAT scan.

--- End quote ---

Yep, they will be right behind those that chose answer b)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version