YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ESPN GAME DAY

<< < (6/10) > >>

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 24, 2015, 12:08:13 PM ---
Strollo era playoff appearances:  1 in 14 years.

Pre-Strollo era playoff appearances:  10 in 14 years.
--- End quote ---

Wow.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 26, 2015, 12:42:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow.

--- End quote ---

Ron is a nice guy but ^^^ I did not realize that  :-[

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 26, 2015, 12:42:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow.

--- End quote ---

I only see 8, but still, your point taken.

More relevant:
Post-season appearances while a conference member: Strollo era = 1 in 14 years
Post-season appearances while a conference member: Pre-Strollo era = 4 in 14 years (2 Narduzzi & 2 Tressel).
In short Narduzzi had 2, Tressel had 2 and Heacock had 1. Wolford had none. You cannot compare the times we were an independent to those that we were not.

Conference championships: Narduzzi 3 (OVC), Heacock 2 (Gateway/MVFC), Tressel 1 (OVC) & Wolf none.

Besides, if Strollo was asked to remove any of these people ...he would have ...and did so twice. So what is the point? You are trying to make the point that The AD is responsible for something, when he is not. The overall direction and guidance of YSU athletics has been outstanding under Strollo.

What you have made a case for is how much the I-AA/FCS football landscape has changed over the years.

Penguin Nation:
Also, if you don't count the seasons in which the rainfall in Coral Gables exceed 14", and all years without a lunar eclipse, and multiply by the square root of 5.....then you'll obviously see how awesome and competent Strollo is.

Nice try 1AA......

How much do you think Strollo's epic mismanagement of the top two revenue generating sports has cost YSU....in  terms of millions (or tens of millions)?

footballfanatic:
I can't speak for basketball but if football was in ANY other conference those playoff numbers would have been more. Ask Tressel - he will be the first to tell you how much more difficult it is to win in the MVFC than as an independent or in the OVC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version