YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

White Pants and Playbook

<< < (2/5) > >>

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 20, 2015, 09:28:51 AM ---I believe we have the necessary talent IF we get back to nearly 100% on the OL.   This offense can score a ton of points, IF you block and pass protect.  Need I remind anyone, PITT is 5-1 and ranked in the BCS top 25 and we put up 30 on them, which is more than Akron, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Virginia or Georgia Tech.  IMO health in the OL is the big issue.

--- End quote ---

Well then,,, we put up 21 in a OT game on a partial scolly Bobby Morris team? I did not check but I believe YSU was at 100% O-line?!?! "ANY GIVEN SATURDAY" I'm not buying into all the "talent" here. Also, YSU has 17 "O" line players listed on the roster. I don't know their scholarship status but never the less they are on a Div 1 roster and "IF" they are on full rides maybe this should be reevaluated. "IF" losing 3 "starters" has killed production that much I'd say the "talent" really don't exist as many think. Wolford left Bo some good players no doubt, but the cupboard was not full.

I hate to always be Debbie Downer but Com'mon Man  ;)

go guins:
LOTS of OL take time to develop.  I bet you find fewer underclassmen on the OL than anywhere else on the field, for just about every team.  The Browns were like 6-3 when they lost their center last year.   Loss of continuity, lack of experienced "calls" for blocking from the center and I don't think they won another game.  Just body count means less than -0-
I simply don't "get" all the negativity.  They played terrible last Saturday, absolutely no doubt, but damnit, they are KIDS.  Be supportive for your school and the kids that choose to go there!  All this Dump the Coach, Dump the OC, Dump the QB tires me out.
Have a good day.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 20, 2015, 12:41:00 PM ---LOTS of OL take time to develop.  I bet you find fewer underclassmen on the OL than anywhere else on the field, for just about every team.  The Browns were like 6-3 when they lost their center last year.   Loss of continuity, lack of experienced "calls" for blocking from the center and I don't think they won another game.  Just body count means less than -0-
I simply don't "get" all the negativity.  They played terrible last Saturday, absolutely no doubt, but damnit, they are KIDS.  Be supportive for your school and the kids that choose to go there!  All this Dump the Coach, Dump the OC, Dump the QB tires me out.
Have a good day.

--- End quote ---
No doubt the OL takes time to develop.  My frustration is that we had a coach that was a top O-line person and there hasn't been much "development" in all of those years and neither has there been depth.  The greater majority of JUCO's and transfers were skilled positions and not O-line where they knew there was weakness.  Add to that risking injury by playing the same starting 5 when games are obviously out of hand.

You are exactly right that when the Browns lost their center their season tanked for lack of experienced calls.  Pittsburgh had the same problem but had developed depth just for that reason.
ENOUGH about the pro's.

The negativity is from ANOTHER year of the same old song; different lyrics.  THIS tires me out!
I support the kids but the program is not improving and that is not fair to the team - present or future and it is not fair to those who have supported them.
I have seen a lot of positive things with Pelini and he may turn the corner in a year or two, but how many times can you sell a program by saying "just wait"?

I would like to know the reason why we can drive down the field using a hurry-up offense and then scrap it when we get inside the red zone and then for the rest of the game.  Also, running the play clock down to 0 is great when you are comfortably sitting on a lead NOT when you are struggling to catch up in the third and fourth quarter.

ValleyTalk:
@domizzowday: NDSU announces QB Carson Wentz has a broken bone in his right wrist and will miss 6-8 weeks. Injury happened during #USD game.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on October 20, 2015, 06:11:37 PM ---@domizzowday: NDSU announces QB Carson Wentz has a broken bone in his right wrist and will miss 6-8 weeks. Injury happened during #USD game.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I wish we could have taken advantage of all the injuries SDSU had  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version