YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Facts are Facts after our loss to the Rabbits!

<< < (5/6) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 19, 2015, 03:43:28 PM ---I am not saying anything negative about Kuhn and Woods; but does anybody here think that we could have some benefit if Discher could try going back to TE for some plays? Or just too thin? He has incredible ability to catch high throws and I would love to see him in the game a bit more. I mean Kuhn and Wood are both 6-5, so it may not be worth the try. I just want to see him get more reps, he seems to get open over the middle.

--- End quote ---

Frankly I'd be OK with moving Kuhn to RB full time and get some size and power there, but beyond that you are looking for easy solutions to not so easy problems.  This is a 7-4 team coming back with a change in coaches and a step back isn't that big of a surprise, JT won, what 2 games his first year?  The great EW won only 3.  Takes time and health and BP has huge problems with the OL health to go with other changes.  I think WR's had a bad game, and maybe Discher getting more snaps may happen, but I doubt TE.   

The YO Show:
My concern is the wide receivers have been rather inconsistent all year. I wonder though, not that I don't like Kuhn at fullback, but what about using Demond Hymes as a fullback? I know we used to typically use him and Ruiz in power runs (and NOT Webb like we've been doing while Ruiz has been hurt).

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 20, 2015, 07:55:31 PM ---My concern is the wide receivers have been rather inconsistent all year. I wonder though, not that I don't like Kuhn at fullback, but what about using Demond Hymes as a fullback? I know we used to typically use him and Ruiz in power runs (and NOT Webb like we've been doing while Ruiz has been hurt).

--- End quote ---
Yo- I think we're starting to find out what a key lose Ryan Moore was

paladin:
Bad move putting Hymes at FB. He missed parts of both his Jr. & Sr. years at Harding becasue of injury. He has missed time at YSU because of injury ( including the starting spot early when he got hurt). RB is fine, but  adding blocking just puts him at risk.

The YO Show:
Paladin, good insight then. Didn't realize that Hymes was injury prone.

Fever, I agree. it is a shame not having moore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version