YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (9/10) > >>

YSU1:
The team is playing tentative, scared, playing not to make a mistake. Unfortunately the opposite happens and mistakes are made.  Starting out fumbling the opening kick off and catching a kick off out of bounds presents too big an obstacle to overcome. Defense was on the field way too long.  I am not a fan of Pelini yelling at the kids after a bad play.  Not a lot of people in the stands and you could hear him.  Not good.  You can yell but not after every negative play which there were a lot of. You cannot start the way we have against good teams. The Robert Morris game was a bad sign. Not sure what the answer is but if Pelini wants a full stadium they need to beat the better teams in the league.

Buddy:
My frustration is with the play offensive play calling.  We were 2-15 on third down, 1-4 on fourth.  Ran up the middle seamed like every first down. Short pass in front of linebackers on second for little or no gain then wells threw ball in the ground on third.  Kinda like the definition for insanity... Try the same thing and hope for different results,

Then what the hell is it with this checking out of a play to run up the middle.  Are they trying to fool the defense by thinking they are changing to some deep pass play?   They did this four or five times... 

IAA Fan:
I think we are seeing a lot of desperation Buddy. I also think the we are trying to inject some consistency through simplicity, but it is not working at this point. Bare in mind that I am not saying that it will not work at some point, but you need to know when to sit a player down for his own good ...this includes your QB. I might add that coach M was told to dumb-down his offense by coach W ...I would be interested in knowing if this is still the case ...certainly seems that way.

go guins:

--- Quote from: JP21 on October 17, 2015, 04:59:18 PM ---We need a quarterback and a defense. Like Paladin said grab the popcorn the embarassment has started.

--- End quote ---
Apparently we didn't watch the same game as IMO we need an OL and special teams?  Too many injuries on the OL, special teams play has been subpar all season.  Only Kennedy accuracy has keep focus off the rest of the special teams shortcomings.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 19, 2015, 10:14:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: JP21 on October 17, 2015, 04:59:18 PM ---We need a quarterback and a defense. Like Paladin said grab the popcorn the embarassment has started.

--- End quote ---
Apparently we didn't watch the same game as IMO we need an OL and special teams?  Too many injuries on the OL, special teams play has been subpar all season.  Only Kennedy accuracy has keep focus off the rest of the special teams shortcomings.

--- End quote ---

I think everybody sees the special teams problems. I too am a fan of Kennedy. That 49-yarder took talent and to take it on yourself took b*lls. You know, to me it did not even matter that he made it ...the guy is a "player".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version