YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (8/10) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 18, 2015, 09:27:09 AM ---As good as Ruiz and Webb are and for them to only have 17 yards on 11 carries is just pathetic..Bo said he felt good with the lineman that were in place and it shouldn't matter because you line up and play..but for Ruiz to just have 2 touches is incredible

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't have mattered.  There were no holes  for anyone to run through. 

They are not playing for eachother.  Maybe some of them are but far too many are not and as long as they play that way, they will not win games that require more than raw talent to win.  They need to be selfless and put others needs ahead of their own.  When they do that they will win games they aren't even supposed to win.

IAA Fan:
Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all. I liked the idea of passing out to the TB's , but unfortunately it is only going to work one game (last week). After that, everyone is going to see it on film. Besides we had no line or QB play to get the ball to anyone.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 18, 2015, 10:32:23 AM ---Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all.

--- End quote ---

Because of the injury from the Pitt game...and having to play out of desperation while we were losing to a partial scholly NEC team at home?

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 18, 2015, 10:11:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 18, 2015, 09:27:09 AM ---As good as Ruiz and Webb are and for them to only have 17 yards on 11 carries is just pathetic..Bo said he felt good with the lineman that were in place and it shouldn't matter because you line up and play..but for Ruiz to just have 2 touches is incredible

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't have mattered.  There were no holes  for anyone to run through. 

They are not playing for eachother.  Maybe some of them are but far too many are not and as long as they play that way, they will not win games that require more than raw talent to win.  They need to be selfless and put others needs ahead of their own.  When they do that they will win games they aren't even supposed to win.

--- End quote ---
I agree 100%..unfortunately internal problems and divided locker rooms play a part in college football programs these days. I can sense some of that with this program. It's up to the players to do soul searching and the coaches to get it figured out. There is always a risk with bringing in transfers just like I pointed out in some of my earlier posts. But the one's we brought in are very talented. I wish I had the answers, maybe going on the road and getting out of Y-Town will be good for the team. With 6 games left there is still alot of football to be played

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on October 18, 2015, 10:38:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 18, 2015, 10:32:23 AM ---Ruiz in in bad shape ...I am surprised he is in there at all.

--- End quote ---

Because of the injury from the Pitt game...and having to play out of desperation while we were losing to a partial scholly NEC team at home?

--- End quote ---

Great call Nation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version