YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Jambar Article

<< < (2/2)

Buddy:
Used Ryan and Street and Zwick.  Brungaurd and Tidwell maybe too.  I would like to see a series or so or just on some downs.  Think this would be helpful to this offence....

go guins:
Buddy, not sure I understand.  Are you touting Ryan, Steet and Zwick or Brungaurd and Tidwell as being a successful use of 2 QB's?  The earlier comment about Ray Isaac's back-up playing was in fact due to injury so it doesn't "count" in my book.  If you are, I don't agree.
You pick your best guy and play him.  If you have a junior/senior with a freshman backup, you try to get the freshman some snaps when you are way up (or down) in a game, getting ready for later, but if you want to win in football, you have 1 QB.  That's the rule and I don't know of a successful exception.  This mess on offense they have in Columbus certainly isn't an example of successful use of 2 QBs .  If they didn't have Elliott as the fall back in the second half, they might have a loss or 2 already. 

Buddy:
No I am not touting anyone.  Just making the comment that JT used two QBs in the past.  Not saying I support a change just saying this worked for him.  We all knew Ryan was starting QB and took most of the snaps but Street would come in and run option  on a play or so and sometime be in for 3 or 4 downs..

IAA Fan:
One thing to note is that Cochran was a Big-10 drop-back passer ...with a much much better cannon than Isaac. So no one had any concerns when he was in. Great 1-2 punch. On the other hand, his mobility left some to be desired. That was Cooper's beef with him in Columbus. I thought he was an outstanding QB ...as was Isaac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version