YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Jambar Article

(1/2) > >>

The YO Show:
There was a jambar article calling for our offense to use a 2qb system (wells and davis). I feel like that idea is bad. It could derail our offense, or it could work.  The risk is much greater than reward in my opinion.

Penguin Nation:
Link?

It is something to consider.  Maybe Davis in short yardage situations or in the red zone?  It seems to be working for tOSU.

The YO Show:
http://www.thejambar.com/the-press-box-perspective-maybe-a-two-quarterback-systems-the-answer/

And Nation, I know OSU is doing it. Historically though, 2qb system hurts more often. Takes confidence from the starter. Look at pitt this year. Voytik lost his spot.

Buddy:
Tressel would use two QBs quite often.  I thought it worked well.  Kept the defenses a little off

IAA Fan:
Yes and no Buddy. I know that coach T used Cochran quite a bit behind Isaac, but that was because Ray was always banged-up ...again the disadvantage of a running QB. On the other hand. Demont Tidwell was perhaps our best overall QB of the 90's and Tressel only put him in with a rare injury & it really hurt us in 1996 (Tidwell's first year taking snaps). Then by 1997, he had converted Tidwell into a drop-back QB and won a championship.

Not saying that we could not try to inject some plays, but I would not want to do anything that could upset coach M's system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version