YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Jacks @ YSU: Saturday 10/17 4 pm

(1/8) > >>

Penguin Nation:
The MVFC meat grinder continues Saturday as #7 (both polls) SDSU visits the Ice Castle and faces #12/#9 YSU for Homecoming weekend.  This will be the third nationally ranked opponent in a row for SDSU, and second for YSU.

SDSU (4-1/1-1) has had an impressive season so far beating Kansas, and last week ISUb 24-7.  In that win, SDSU was lead by freshman QB Taryn Christion (replacing  injured Zach Lujan) who passed for 221 yards and ran for 99 (was SDSU's leading rusher). That was the most rushing yards by an SDSU quarterback since 2006. He was 15-for-24 passing and carried the ball 16 times. For that incredible performance, Christion named MVFC Newcomer of the Week.  As a team, the Jacks ran up 428 yards. 

Jake Wieneke led SDSU receivers with five catches for 90 yards.  Jake Wieneke leads the MVFC in # of receptions as well as #yards.  As a team, SDSU leads the MVFC in passing offense.

SDSU ranks last in rushing offense in the MVFC.  SDSU ranks eighth in rushing defense.

The current spread is YSU favored by 3.  Massey basically calls it a draw, giving YSU a 49% chance of winning and predicts a SDSU victory of 28-27.

Penguin Nation:
I think YSU matches up very well with SDSU, and I think we make it two-in-a-row versus the Jacks.  I think Ruiz and Webb will have a big day, give YSU a big TOP advantage, and keep the explosive SDSU offense off the field.  Our pass D will be among the best they see all season.

The weather forecast for kick-off is 50 degrees, partly cloudy, and with a 10% chance of rain.  In other words...perfect.

YSU 34-20

ysufan0505:
Must win game.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on October 14, 2015, 10:30:46 AM ---Must win game.

--- End quote ---

Gotta win game!

ysubigred:
Below is my major concern!! You all think ISU (r) had a wall for a line the bunnies are biggggg!!! Next picture may have "Y"s on the helmets  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version