YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Noiseless Crowd

<< < (2/6) > >>

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on October 11, 2015, 02:44:27 PM ---I was surprised that the section I was in was loud, but many sections seemed quit - then I realized I was sitting near team family members.  Still, it was good to see a great turnout and the students stayed the whole game.  Was that due to "offers" from THE PENGUIN PACK ?  Yo - any info there??

--- End quote ---

There werent any offers from the penguin pack to stay to my knowledge.  Some students did still leave at half, but not many. The students were excited about the game. Loss or not, that was an exciting game to watch. Also we had to set the Guy in the blazer straight. He was with the penguin pack I think and had some sideline pass thing around his neck in a lanyard. He was a nice guy and had good intentions, but kept trying to get us to cheer before plays when we were on offense. Had to explain we need to hear audibles and stuff. He stopped once talked too. Me and some other students kept having to get others to quiet down the chanting on offense alot though. Lol. Anti home field advantage.

IAA Fan:
I don't know Pete. Crowd was great for the first time in a long time, so let's be happy. We gave too may big plays to keep the crowd in it all the time.

To the fans that did not come, you missed on heck of a game. Best game since sometime during the Heacock era. Offense was sharp much of the game. Red zone defense was solid. Crowd was exciting & there are not that many more seats open :)

Clearly there was no place else better to be!!

The YO Show:
I agree IAA. That was a good crowd. Best Ive seen since we were playing UNI at home a few years ago under wolford and we were undefeated going into it. Just hope there is a good turnout this week for SDSU

guinpen:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 11, 2015, 11:33:45 AM ---Is it me or do our fans like to sit on their hands during a football game.  Absolutely disgusting...nobody wants to make any noise at all...it is called home field advantage for a reason. The crocheting crowd has returned.  Stay home and watch the game if you are not coming out to make the home field a nasty place for teams to come and play at.

--- End quote ---

I thought that the crowd was pretty good, can and will get better but I was happy with it. I sit near the student section and they are getting better every week.

ValleyTalk:
I was very happy with the crowd.... but how on earth do fans leave in the 4th quarter of that game. I am still scratching my head at the hundred or so people I saw leave after we kicked that FG to make it 24-23.... That part is mind boggling to me.... But beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version