YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Noiseless Crowd

<< < (5/6) > >>

peteonastick:
I started this topic because I thought it was pathetic how such a large crowd could bring very little to make a difference in the game.  I get it, OSU, ND, Michigan, blah, blah, blah...enough with the excuses.  If you come to the game, geriatric or not, come to cheer for the home team and make it miserable for the visitors...that is our job...we can't suit up so lets do our part to make the visitors have a hard time with every down, every call, every punt, everything.  We have people all around us looking at us like we are out of our minds...they sit there, watch and leave...I blame this on the marketing department...every bar, restaurant, establishment should have YSU material hanging all over it, banners, signs, schedules, contests, etc...they need to get this town rallied around the team...until then...we will have complacency. 

GO GUINS

ScarletRook:

--- Quote ---We have people all around us looking at us like we are out of our minds...they sit there, watch and leave...I blame this on the marketing department...every bar, restaurant, establishment should have YSU material hanging all over it, banners, signs, schedules, contests, etc...they need to get this town rallied around the team...until then...we will have complacency.

--- End quote ---

Totally Agree!
Does Youngstown State even have a marketing department?  If so, what ever they are paid it is TOO MUCH!
Couldn't prove it by coming in for the game and I don't count the fire hydrants as marketing although it is a nice touch.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I noticed 2 fans directly in front of the club seats in the same row about 15 seats apart trying their best to get the fans up on their feet on every big play. It didn't work so well but it was a nice thing to see. I was very disappointed to see so little people down at the corner of the stadium where the players come out of the locker room. That would be a great place to start so what if you have to walk back to your seats. Let them know your there for them as soon as they take the field it would mean the world to them

IAA Fan:
Well start this week as we are the MVFC game-of-the-week & get the prime ESPN3 slot.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 13, 2015, 08:34:01 PM ---I noticed 2 fans directly in front of the club seats in the same row about 15 seats apart trying their best to get the fans up on their feet on every big play. It didn't work so well but it was a nice thing to see. I was very disappointed to see so little people down at the corner of the stadium where the players come out of the locker room. That would be a great place to start so what if you have to walk back to your seats. Let them know your there for them as soon as they take the field it would mean the world to them

--- End quote ---

Do you think it would be a great thing for our students to be there when they come out and then move back to the student section immediately after? I.E. sacrifice opening heckling of the opposing team for a shot in the arm to the home team? Its not like we can't go back to the student section. I think I'm going to make that happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version