YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bad calls

<< < (3/5) > >>

IAA Fan:
Okay, so I have another question. From my vantage point (even though a peewee player could have seen that fake punt was coming when a blocker moves up ...and we had 3-TO's left Bo), he did not make the first down by almost a whole yard . What is everyone's opinion and for those that watched on TV, how did it look?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 11, 2015, 09:55:32 AM ---Okay, so I have another question. From my vantage point (even though a peewee player could have seen that fake punt was coming when a blocker moves up ...and we had 3-TO's left Bo), he did not make the first down by almost a whole yard . What is everyone's opinion and for those that watched on TV, how did it look?

--- End quote ---

It looked too close to overturn.  The camera angle was bad.  I don't understand how they could overturn it.  The tip of the ball was on the white goal line and his knee was down.

IAA Fan:
I mean the spot on the fake punt. It did not look like he made it to the 1st-down marker by about 2-3 feet. I know that 2 people brought it up in the press conference as well.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
IAA Fan I have been around football my entire life and I've never seen officiating like that on any kind of level it was just bizarre. For whatever reason it seemed like they had it in for Y.S.U. from the very start and I stand behind that statement. Offensively I feel coach Montgomery called a very good game and Wells was very solid with the exception of the pick 6. When you have 400 plus yards again and close to 30 points it's a very tough loss to swallow. Our defense gave up to many big plays and Illinois St. Averaged 7.3 yards per play. I found coach Bo's post game comments very interesting..Not all is lost and I know you felt this was a must win..Next week will define our season..Win and I still like our chances

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 11, 2015, 10:44:48 AM ---I mean the spot on the fake punt. It did not look like he made it to the 1st-down marker by about 2-3 feet. I know that 2 people brought it up in the press conference as well.

--- End quote ---
I was out of town and I watched the game on espn3. The game did not come on till the 3rd Q in Pittsburgh.
On that play, I remembered telling my son that we need to watch for 2 things... One, the fake punt since I saw it in person in the RBU game this year ; second, I hope nobody will try to make a play by hitting the punter (both 5 or 15 yards).
I just don't get it. Regardless whether the blocker moved up or not, did the special team coach tell his player to watch out for it (by not aggressively setting up a punt return). On ESPN, the camera clearly focused on the blocker moved on to the left side of the line. Ysu players did not seem to make any adjustments. I cannot recall if the commentators made any comments on the possible fake punt.

IMO, the pick 6, the fake punt, the missed conversion and Wells did not use his 6'5 frame to power it into the end zone (instead of stretching it out) did us in last night.
If the Browns lose today, it will really make my weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version