YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ill st recap

<< < (9/10) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on October 11, 2015, 10:08:23 PM ---YSU won their national championships with running QB's. Just saying ;)

--- End quote ---

I understand where you are coming from 05. Only one of those was a real option QB (like Roberson) though. Brungard, Ryan and Tidwell were all drop-back guys. Believe me, I am 110% positive that coach M is looking to recruit a guy that is 6'+, good weight, can throw on the run, good arm strength, quick release, can run when needed and has a brain. Those guys are hard for a I-AA/FCS team to get. Flaco was the last one of any stature and he was a IA/FBS transfer.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Ok last post on this thread because I'm getting to much off the topic. Mayor I know Ricky has a very strong arm and can throw. Making all the throws in Montgomery's offense is two different things and it requires a very smart quarterback. If there was a more mobile line in place I do believe Wells can move good enough to pick up the necessary yardage in certain situations. That would be a huge thing and open tons more with the offense. I agree with Fan the risk of a running quarterback is to great and there is always a trade off involved with giving up the pass. Yes 0505 next to impossible to find. As fast as llinois St. was on defense Davis would've had difficulty picking up much yardage on the ground

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 11, 2015, 03:04:30 PM ---No one is "spinning" anything. It was a good game and many people are happy despite the loss. The team is much better than I thought they could be.

--- End quote ---
I completely agree.  Coaching and new players on D have made HUGE difference.  Could be best D since JT era.  Wells had best 2nd half of career which is now just about 1 season long (something to keep in mind!)

paladin:
As I have already said, sit back and grab some popcorn, the "fun" is just getting started. We'll talk soon.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: paladin on October 13, 2015, 02:03:37 PM ---As I have already said, sit back and grab some popcorn, the "fun" is just getting started. We'll talk soon.

--- End quote ---

what so you can be a post-game prognosticator? Do you give us political election predictions the day after the election as well? Well you are right. Last week was the most "fun" since a couple of the UNI games of the the first decade of the 2000's. Yes Bo yelled at the players and refs ...especially the refs & drew a flag. All the people in my area heard him yell at the defensive front

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version