YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ill st recap

<< < (6/10) > >>

Penguin Nation:
I'll add that 3-2 is where we'd be if the Wolf was never fired.  Lots of talent transferred in on defense.  To establish ourselves as one of the top MVFC teams...the offensive line and QB need upgrades.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 11, 2015, 05:02:10 PM ---I looked at Last years game we lost 35 to 21 we gained over 400 + yds in that game too.  Wells completed 66.7 of his passes yesterday threw for 240 he improved is completion percentage against them as well.  He threw a pick in both games.  But keep screaming for Davis reminds me when everybody wanted Zwick.  Go YSU!

--- End quote ---
Some of the Browns' fans still screaming for Johnny

mayor:

--- Quote from: guinpen on October 11, 2015, 04:21:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: mayor on October 11, 2015, 03:45:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 11, 2015, 03:21:19 PM ---The QB you warned about almost beat one of the best teams in the country.  We have nothing behind him right now and if you think Ricky Davis is the answer then you know less than you think.  I am not being a homer but don't you think Pelini isn't going to put the best guy out there.  He has a few more rings than u and being an armchair naysayer hater makes  any assessment from you pretty much garbage.  But keep being negative. Youngstown is full of your kind and you fit in very well.  Go Penguins!

--- End quote ---

The QB he warned about would have beaten one of the best teams in the country had he not thrown the pick 6 or could run 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, but let me ask you something, how do you know Davis can't play when he has never been given a chance to fail? And by the way, Pelini isn't putting the QB out there, Monty is.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure that Monty works for BP

--- End quote ---

Yeah he does but Bo is a defensive minded coach and is trying to show Monty the respect he deserves by letting him run the offense his way. You will know when Bo has had enough. I just hope Monty staying with Hunter doesn't cost him his job. He is a good coach.

The YO Show:
I just want to honestly know why everyone is so high on Ricky Davis? I'm not saying he would be a bad QB, but honestly, why is he the answer to our problems? Because he's mobile?

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 11, 2015, 06:33:52 PM ---I just want to honestly know why everyone is so high on Ricky Davis? I'm not saying he would be a bad QB, but honestly, why is he the answer to our problems? Because he's mobile?

--- End quote ---

I don't know if he's better, but worth trying.  Although a very poor test, he did well in the STFU game.  Yes, he is mobile, which adds another dimension to the offense.  I suspect he would have made the two point conversion last night.  A QB with stone feet and a porous OL are a poor combo...at least Davis could escape the pocket instead of unloading risky passes into double/triple coverages.

Maybe neither are what we need....but sticking with Wells is maintaining the status quo of near misses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version