YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ill st recap

<< < (5/10) > >>

OleYSUfan:
Wells has been extremely questionable with his interceptions, missed targets by several yards, and his extreme lack of mobility!!

I don't know how good Ricky Davis is nor does anyone else; because he is never given a chance. He deserves a chance and if he doesn't get that chance he will transfer out at the end of this year.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: mayor on October 11, 2015, 03:45:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 11, 2015, 03:21:19 PM ---The QB you warned about almost beat one of the best teams in the country.  We have nothing behind him right now and if you think Ricky Davis is the answer then you know less than you think.  I am not being a homer but don't you think Pelini isn't going to put the best guy out there.  He has a few more rings than u and being an armchair naysayer hater makes  any assessment from you pretty much garbage.  But keep being negative. Youngstown is full of your kind and you fit in very well.  Go Penguins!

--- End quote ---

The QB he warned about would have beaten one of the best teams in the country had he not thrown the pick 6 or could run 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, but let me ask you something, how do you know Davis can't play when he has never been given a chance to fail? And by the way, Pelini isn't putting the QB out there, Monty is.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure that Monty works for BP

YSUGO:
I looked at Last years game we lost 35 to 21 we gained over 400 + yds in that game too.  Wells completed 66.7 of his passes yesterday threw for 240 he improved is completion percentage against them as well.  He threw a pick in both games.  But keep screaming for Davis reminds me when everybody wanted Zwick.  Go YSU!

Penguin Nation:
Wells threw a pic six just minutes after BP told Bob Hannon that to win games like this we needed to be positive in the turnover margin.   

I guess it just depends on what your expectations are.  If you are content to remain a mid-pack MVFC team, then Wells would suffice.  He doesn't suck, but he doesn't have the skill set to allow YSU to excel in all three phases of the game.  He threw two INTs last week versus the worst pass D in the MVFC.  He makes dangerous passes rather than dump the ball. As was noted above, he is last in the MVFC in passing efficiency.  Overlooking that is like asking Mrs Lincoln, "other than that, how was the play?"

I still think YSU goes 7-4 and prolly makes the playoffs.  This was a bad match up with our mediocre run defense versus the best FCS rusher. We have one non-NDSU loss left, which is a tall order.

At least give Davis a shot, and then try to lure a mobile QB into transferring in the off season.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Did anyone notice just how quickly the holes were closed on the interior of our offensive line by the Illinois St. defense.The line in place isn't mobile enough to support a running quarterback..at this point they are having difficulty just sustaining their blocks..I'm not sure who #71 is but he really had a tough game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version