YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

PELINI RADIO SHOW

<< < (5/5)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I wouldn't be surprised to see 12-15k actual fans in attendance for this game. There will be alot of walk up interest for this game. The 12th man could be a weapon for this program..THE TIME IS NOW !!

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 06, 2015, 08:56:39 PM ---The climate has changed dramatically since we were good 15 to 20 years ago.  Every major power is on network or cable tv each week.  Large screen, high definition televisions entice casual fans to stay home and forego trips to a stadium.  The only schools that can draw impressively below the elite P5 level are the primary state universities in small population states (NDSU, Montana, Delaware before they stunk.)   We will probably never match the figures from the late 90s, but everything is relative.  We are still much healthier in terms of support than places like Akron and Kent State.

--- End quote ---
Wick you bring up some really good points. Still I look back at the 2012 Kent St. football season when they finished 11-3  and enjoyed one of their best seasons ever. The fans flocked to Dix stadium in droves and the numbers were legit. Show the community you can defeat the Missouri conference finest and compete for a title and they will return. What better way to show that then this Saturday.

paladin:
Rook -- for the record , you are correct. The AD is simply a beancounter, not an AD. He wants $$$$$$$$$$$$ no matter how he gets it   -- stupid businessmen buying up big blocks of tickets but not getting anyone to use them. He does nothing for the fan base and schedules  poor games for them to see.

Fever is also correct -- show you can consistently beat the MVFC best and not lose to weenie teams and the fans will come.  But the fact is, they are picked for 4th this year. And played weenie teams early and the probable cellar dweller early too.

The reality is, YSU is viewed as a second rate program run by a third rate athletic dept. So, 11K should look like more than half a full stadium and not the 3-4K its been. I don't see YSU beating the top teams and with bad weather coming up, Ohio St., etc, I don't see butts in seats being great. But the AD doesn't care. He is counting his beans.

ysufan0505:
I'm expecting at least 15k there Saturday. David Rivers had a great quote in the press conference:

We would like to get a full stadium and pack it, because it’s a big game,” Rivers said. “We want to feed off the crowd. Whether people believe it or not — having that home field advantage — it really does something to the offense and defense.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version