YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Night Game vs Illinois State

<< < (9/11) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
They did get wore out Scarlet. With the added depth this season that should help considerably. I'm still thinking the reason we lost that game is because  we got out coached on each side of the ball and didn't adjust. This game will be a great measuring tool for our offense , defense and coaching staff.. it will let us know where we officially stand for the rest of conference play.

YSU1:
Hopefully a huge crowd will make the Guins perform at another level

Wick250:
After watching our pathetic attempts to play defense for five seasons under Wolford, the rest of the league might still not be fully aware of our transformation on that side of the ball.  The keys to this game for me come down to the performances of the Illinois State offensive line and receivers.  Can their relatively inexperienced o-line neutralize Rivers, Moss, and Williams and dislodge our tackles from the middle?  If not, they might be in for a long evening, despite the obvious excellence of Coprich and Roberson.  Likewise, can their receivers, a group which apparently includes some backups, get open against our secondary? 

We had better come out of that locker room with fiery intensity, and the memory of the Robert Morris horror show is still fresh in our minds.  But I like the matchups in this game.  Funny how having a real defense can change a person's outlook.

IAA Fan:
One thing that I would like to add about the defense being worn out. I agree that our offense is not completely designed to chew up clock, but we had scored more than enough points to win the majority of our games. If the defense does their job in the first half, we will not have any issues tomorrow or any night/day. It was more than clear last week that USD was not going to be able to score on us & I know that both coordinators were probably in "auto-pilot" in the second half.

As to Montgomery changing the offense, I do not think this is wise. It can become a real nightmare. The system is his system & needs to stay as designed. I would like to add that we had two nice long drives last week. So I think the capability is there. Believe me,there is going to be the time (ala Pitt) that we need to be able to pile up points quickly.

Penguin Nation:
Hype vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXq6n-mEjc&feature=youtu.be

Let's put Davis's end zone somersault in the next vid. It got me hyped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version